Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Filling Falmer

Oct 25, 2003
the crowds we get will be completely dependent on how well the club are doing

reading and wigan both got reletively small crowds before getting into the prem, now both of them get rather GOOD crowds

the potential for a large fanbase is there

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Apparently there is.

I don't know what aspects of the costs would increase over any given amount of time, but 10.3% over the past 20 months sounds steep.

Possibly but most building projects seem hideously wrong on the finance side.

My biggest concern is construction starts and then there is ancient historic side uncovered or something like that which then halts it again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
Possibly but most building projects seem hideously wrong on the finance side.

My biggest concern is construction starts and then there is ancient historic side uncovered or something like that which then halts it again.
Apparently there isn't. Can't remember if Martin Perry said this privately or publicly, but as I understand it, that angle has been covered.

What I am half-expecting is when work finally gets under way that Lewes District Council will apply for a whole series of court injunctions including not being allowed to use machinery that makes a noise, or not employing construction workers who smoke Old Holborn - that sort of silliness.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Large One said:
Apparently there isn't. Can't remember if Martin Perry said this privately or publicly, but as I understand it, that angle has been covered.

What I am half-expecting is when work finally gets under way that Lewes District Council will apply for a whole series of court injunctions including not being allowed to use machinery that makes a noise, or not employing construction workers who smoke Old Holborn - that sort of silliness.

Can they do that sort of thing ?

Seems pointless to delay what is inevitable.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut said:
Can they do that sort of thing ?

Seems pointless to delay what is inevitable.
Blimey, are you trying to give some some sense of reasoning to the fundamentally unreasonable? Fact is, their delays now are pointless, but it doesn't appear to be stopping them. In fact, they seem to revel in it. Know what I mean?

I suspect they'll try and throw in every trick in the book to piss the construction about - not so much on the stadium itself, but mainly the bits within the Lewes District Council area. It won't wash for a second, but I doubt it will stop them trying.

Lumme, I've got 'Won't Get Fooled Again' playing on iTunes, and I'm writing about Lewes District Council - I've got no chance of calming down - but I will in a minute.

Last edited:

1066gull

We will either be like Reading or Wigan etc. or be like Huddersfield. Languishing in the lower leagues with a stadium.

:(

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Adriodinho said:
or be like Huddersfield. Languishing in the lower leagues with a stadium.

:(

It's still better than languishing in the lower league's without a stadium!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
William Chops said:
Neither, I am a loyal Ablion fan since 1974. I am also a really f***ed off Albion fan at the moment who is starting to think the board are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Its not the clubs fault the Goverment don't know their arse from their elbow. Can you imagine any other planning matter to roll on for so f^cking long? Doubt it very much....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
British Bulldog said:
It's still better than languishing in the lower league's without a stadium!

Precisely - no stadium no football club

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
William Chops said:
Scale it down to a more sensible size.

I don't see the point in doing that, if the club are basing the figures on an average crowd of 12,000, that would mean around 11,000 empty seats or so? (Roughly).

Even if we charged an average of £15 a ticket, and filled the stadium maybe twice a year (for big games), that would mean extra revenue of £300k+, just for filling those EXTRA seats in just TWO games a season.

Those seats will pay for themselves within no time at all.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Dougal said:
we wouldnt fill it unless at the top . this season average would be 7k at falmer

I very much doubt that some how, 10k MINIMUM IMO

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
William Chops said:
just out of interest, where does the potential which people think we will be able to fill Falmer come from?

We have only spent 18 years of our history in the top two flights. Historically we are a little club. Why do people think we will get big crowds?

Not only this, the club are aiming to secure a lot of the funding on future attendances. With the club languishing in the bottom tier (which we will be) why would an outisder lend us any money ?
In the 1970s, when crowds were slightly smaller than today, we went 3 seasons with AVERAGE attendances of over 25000.
We may well be a little club, Mr Chops, but historically we have been better supported than a club like Reading.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We're doing crap and still get over 16,000 applications for the WHU cup game. A new stadium - a place in the championship and we'll easily get 12-15,000. I hear so often around town that WHEN we get Falmer that the person I'm talking to will go and watch them.

Keep the faith, people.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Buzzer said:
We're doing crap and still get over 16,000 applications for the WHU cup game. A new stadium - a place in the championship and we'll easily get 12-15,000. I hear so often around town that WHEN we get Falmer that the person I'm talking to will go and watch them.

Keep the faith, people.

Never knew there were so many Hammers fans in Sussex! ;) :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Adriodinho said:
I am fed up with 'Keep the faith'.

It is getting boring and really tedious.

You suggest something better then:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here