Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa rejects Premier League plans

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And how refershing to see the Football Association taking such a LEADING ROLE in quashing this plans eh....

.....oh.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
How is the World Cup host decided? If it's voted for by all the associations then I would imagine that this could definitely lower others' opinion of English football and so would harm our chances.

How is the World Cup host decided? If it's voted for by all the associations then I would imagine that this could definitely lower others' opinion of English football and so would harm our chances.

It is decided by the associations, and yes, you're right (as is Blatter) - this stupid, stupid idea is likely to have lowered opinions of the English game around the world.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This is only Blatters opinion, the request is supposed to be considered at a FIFA meeting in March. I agree horsham gull, first sensible thing Sepp has ever said

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
MoneyGrabbing:drool:FansShaftingRipOffPricingWideBoys:mad:......:shootselfPremiershite :tosser::tosser:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Scudamore is totally discredited by this now. I hope its the end for him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore had previously expressed his belief that Fifa could not stop the plan if the clubs receive the go-ahead from England's Football Association.

But Blatter rejected that claim. "It is not true," he added. "Even if the FA did sanction it, all the national associations receiving these clubs would have to sanction it also. This will be very difficult. In addition to that, the Fifa executive committee will apply article two of the Fifa statutes: 'to prevent all methods or practices which might jeopardise the integrity of matches or competitions or give rise to abuse of association football'. "This is abuse. The rich Premier League is trying to get richer and wants to expand the importance of that league."

Blatter, I never thought I would say it, but you have played an absolute blinder.
Crodonilson - do you STILL believe this is an opportunity to "give something back to these many nations who are represented in the Premier League" - or can you join the rest of us now in denouncing this for the obscene money-making FARCE these plans have been from the start ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here