Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa rejects Premier League plans

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
AND it sounds like this whole sorry charade may have damaged our chances of hosting the World Cup in 2018. Nice one. The FA have ducked and dithered over this for the whole of the week and said f*** all, when they could have come out from the START to pour scorn on this as they rightly SHOULD have done as guardians of football in this country.

Instead, they'll release a glib statement in a few hours merely backing FIFA's stance (which was everyone elses a f***ing WEEK AGO). Well done AGAIN Barwick you slaphead goon. Real LEADERSHIP there again eh. How about another one of your "root and branch" investigations into it ? Actually no, just forget it, you fat, overpaid, inept utter waste of f***ing SKIN.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Blatter in speaking sense shocker!
So that's the fans, about half a dozen foreign FA's, UEFA and now FIFA that have seen through the idea and don't like it.
This really ought to spell the end of Scudamore but I expect he'll hang on for all he's worth.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I just want to echo the comments by Easy, the money grabbing Premiership appear to have put a major dent in our chances of getting the World Cup in 2018, thank you very much you greedy bastards. I was born in 1965 and was less than a year old when the World Cup was held in England, I will be 52 by the time the 2018 tournament comes round, your greedy actions have meant that it probably wont come back to England until I am in my 70's, if at all.

Once again greed puts another nail in the coffin,

Save football, before it is too late.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Agree with almost all the comments above, which is rare for me!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good quote from Blatter in today's papers:

"If you are the most prosperous league in the world and if you accept that everyone in football has a responsibility to maintain it not only as a business, but as a game.

"Then, all of a sudden you come out with a project which only has business and money behind it.

"Football cannot be like the Harlem globetrotters or a circus. You must keep the national identity of the clubs.”

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
AND it sounds like this whole sorry charade may have damaged our chances of hosting the World Cup in 2018. Nice one. The FA have ducked and dithered over this for the whole of the week and said f*** all, when they could have come out from the START to pour scorn on this as they rightly SHOULD have done as guardians of football in this country.

Instead, they'll release a glib statement in a few hours merely backing FIFA's stance (which was everyone elses a f***ing WEEK AGO). Well done AGAIN Barwick you slaphead goon. Real LEADERSHIP there again eh. How about another one of your "root and branch" investigations into it ? Actually no, just forget it, you fat, overpaid, inept utter waste of f***ing SKIN.

And that sir is exactly what they have just done PATHETIC!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7246314.stm

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And that sir is exactly what they have just done PATHETIC!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7246314.stm

Pathetic is indeed the word.
Scudamore has been running amok in the media for over a week now. Even when he actually came out and said that Barwick thought it was a "fantastic idea", they remained silent (were you actually LYING then Scudamore, or has the slaphead done a U-turn ?). Only now, when the World Governing Body reveal their stance do the FA FINALLY peek out, put their heads above the parapet,and timidly admit they have some "serious reservations". Whoa, strong words eh.

Scudamore is a weasel and a disgrace and should resign immediately. Barwick is a dithering buffoon with all the backbone of a jellyfish, and should sling his hook as well.

PATHETIC is the exact description of this whole sorry shower.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What worries me is we are relying on this amateur setup to bring home the world cup. When was the last time FIFA said something positive about football in England?

What is the FA doing to protect football in this country how are they going to sell our right to host to FIFA when they don't even have the balls to come out and stand against such an ill thought out idea as this games abroad nonsense?

How much more incompetance do we have to put up with before they are chopped and replaced?

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
What worries me is we are relying on this amateur setup to bring home the world cup. When was the last time FIFA said something positive about football in England?

What is the FA doing to protect football in this country how are they going to sell our right to host to FIFA when they don't even have the balls to come out and stand against such an ill thought out idea as this games abroad nonsense?

How much more incompetance do we have to put up with before they are chopped and replaced?

The sad thing is, the FA had the opportunity last week to make themselves heroes in the eyes of all English fans by immediately slating Scudamores plan. Instead they proved how out of touch they are with the supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here