Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS!

Aug 30, 2012
I've just had contact from someone whom works at the club, someone very close to the board, and they say that no strikers will join tomorrow!

From what I gather, Poyet's initial interest was in Bothroyd, as he believed that he would get the best out of CMS. As my contact puts it, Bothroyd "would definately consider the oppurtunity if a bid was to come". The club was in the "final throes" of negotations, with a fee that could've possibly have risen to £1 million depending on clauses, such as promotion, number of goals e.t.c

It was then that Gus became aware that Tuncay was potentially looking to join an English club, with his agent touting him around to a few Prem clubs. Gus then told the board of his intentions, whom instructed him that the budget of the club would only allow the signing of a single striker. This is because the board estimated that his wages and signing on fee would equal that of the Bothroyd deal. If he wanted to bring in Tuncay, he would have to pull the plug on the Bothroyd deal.

Gus believed that Tuncay would have a greater impact on our season than Bothroyd, so decided to pursue his interests there. After "tentative discussions", Tuncay declined the chance to join as he still believed that he had the talent to play on at the top level. This was a setback to Poyet and the board, however they quickly resumed discussions with QPR, whom were ready to resume negotations.

Bothroyd, however, was not willing. He "was offended about the breakdown of negotations at Brighton's end, he believes that if the club was unwilling to commit to him, then he couldn't commit to them"

I have been told that "unless there is a significant opportunity or change, then there will be no striker inbound". However Orlandi was currently in a medical when I recieved this information and, barring unforeseen consequences in which I would be informed of, will be announced tommorrow. This isn't expected to be the end of our transfer dealings, as Orlandi will be played centrally by Poyet and he is looking at other options to replace Nooney. Adam Hammill was mentioned, but was told it was merely "interest"

Frustrating, but I'm confident that there are worse strike forces in the Champ than ours!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
1342560111443_2791403.png

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
First Post!!!!!!!!!!!! Tremendous effort. Not buying a word of it, but quite compelling.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
one post wonder

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I've just had contact from someone whom works at the club, someone very close to the board, and they say that no strikers will join tomorrow!

From what I gather, Poyet's initial interest was in Bothroyd, as he believed that he would get the best out of CMS. As my contact puts it, Bothroyd "would definately consider the oppurtunity if a bid was to come". The club was in the "final throes" of negotations, with a fee that could've possibly have risen to £1 million depending on clauses, such as promotion, number of goals e.t.c

It was then that Gus became aware that Tuncay was potentially looking to join an English club, with his agent touting him around to a few Prem clubs. Gus then told the board of his intentions, whom instructed him that the budget of the club would only allow the signing of a single striker. This is because the board estimated that his wages and signing on fee would equal that of the Bothroyd deal. If he wanted to bring in Tuncay, he would have to pull the plug on the Bothroyd deal.

Gus believed that Tuncay would have a greater impact on our season than Bothroyd, so decided to pursue his interests there. After "tentative discussions", Tuncay declined the chance to join as he still believed that he had the talent to play on at the top level. This was a setback to Poyet and the board, however they quickly resumed discussions with QPR, whom were ready to resume negotations.

Bothroyd, however, was not willing. He "was offended about the breakdown of negotations at Brighton's end, he believes that if the club was unwilling to commit to him, then he couldn't commit to them"

I have been told that "unless there is a significant opportunity or change, then there will be no striker inbound". However Orlandi was currently in a medical when I recieved this information and, barring unforeseen consequences in which I would be informed of, will be announced tommorrow. This isn't expected to be the end of our transfer dealings, as Orlandi will be played centrally by Poyet and he is looking at other options to replace Nooney. Adam Hammill was mentioned, but was told it was merely "interest"

Frustrating, but I'm confident that there are worse strike forces in the Champ than ours!

Get out.... Now punish:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Total jackanory. If we were in discussion with Tuncay do you really think we would have told Bothroyd that we were putting things on hold until he was secured? :ffsparr:

Aug 30, 2012
Hope CMS doesn't leave, think this season could be big for him! Think his brace could give him confidence, even though it was against useless Barnsley. Source didn't mention outgoings at all however.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Please ban this BELLEND. A worse TROLL than ADRIAN DURHAM!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So a very experience Board would tell Bothroyd they were talking to someone else and wouldn't be capable of keeping negotiations going in parallel FFS indeed, do you really believe what you've written?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here