Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ffs, had to put this up, have a read - no comment needed

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's the bit on the headline that I find puts me off taking much notice of the rest of it 'Police face racism charge'. Surely that should be PoliceMAN faces racism charge'.

Then again, there are those who believe that the entire police force is racist and corrupt, so for them, keep Hysterical and Carry On.
it's policeMEN

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
First of all it's three policemen involved, so it's not PoliceMAN.

Second, the way this affects the force as a whole is that the reason this has made the paper is that the police has already had this evidence and 'investigated' and decided that the officers involved should not face any punishment. This gives the impression that racism is acceptable within the police force, and that is the real problem, not the actions of individuals.

it's policeMEN

Then the newspaper should report it that way.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
So let's take colour out of the equation a moment. He already jumped a magistrate court appearance. For whatever offence, why would you do that? The other bit that confuses me is he was cuffed and abused yet managed to turn on his phone and record this all... that is genius! I can't do that when I have free hands and not being assaulted/abused. It also says he insults the arresting officer(s). I wonder what he called them? And did he have a drugs test? And was it positive or negative? Sorry but personally I see this as media bandwagon jumping in order to sell a few more rags. Would be interesting to hear both sides and the bigger picture.

If, however it was as said and no other mitigating circumstances then this is completely unacceptable.

Agree that it's odd he manages to turn his phone on, but the rest of your words read as if you think it's ok to racially abuse him as he's 'obviously a bad'un'. Yes he was probably legitimately arrested for doing wrong, but that is irrelevant - police should be above racial abuse.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Agree that it's odd he manages to turn his phone on, but the rest of your words read as if you think it's ok to racially abuse him as he's 'obviously a bad'un'. Yes he was probably legitimately arrested for doing wrong, but that is irrelevant - police should be above racial abuse.

That is not how I've posted it. And I'd have thought saying 'If, however it was as said and no other mitigating circumstances then this is completely unacceptable' would have totally cleared up any misunderstanding that may arise? Obviously not. I am just playing devils advocate and wondering what difference the story would make if we heard both sides, for example, what were the insults he was throwing at the cops? These are just questions I have asked regarding the circumstances of his arrest. Surely it is not that difficult to understand?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
That is not how I've posted it. And I'd have thought saying 'If, however it was as said and no other mitigating circumstances then this is completely unacceptable' would have totally cleared up any misunderstanding that may arise? Obviously not. I am just playing devils advocate and wondering what difference the story would make if we heard both sides, for example, what were the insults he was throwing at the cops? These are just questions I have asked regarding the circumstances of his arrest. Surely it is not that difficult to understand?

I understand perfectly well. My point is that there are NO mitigating circumstances for racial abuse.

Even if the man was insulting the police officers, they should not stoop to his level.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I understand perfectly well. My point is that there are NO mitigating circumstances for racial abuse.

Even if the man was insulting the police officers, they should not stoop to his level.

I can think of only one mitigating circumstance for racial abuse but the above case is certainly not one of them!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They do, here is just one of several references:

I made it quite clear on my original comment that it was the first line/headline that put me off wanting to read the rest of the article. I'd prefer it if a newspaper didn't try to lead the reader with its headlines, so that was my beef. The rest of the story is writen with a bias/agenda as well, although the nature of the story is disturbing and it would seem that there are a number of people who need to answer a case, it still does not reflect on the entire police force, not to me, and it should not to anyone.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bushy is gonna be all over this thread when he spots it

With a link to his counter-example of a white man racially abused by black people. It's always like a Blur v Oasis debate with him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I see so the scenario is he racially abuses the cops and they retaliate... it is ok for him to do it but they must not say anything back. Sounds fair, makes sense.

Please note I said scenario... this does not mean it has to have necessarily happened this way, as I don't have to necessarily believe the story the way the media have portrayed it.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I see so the scenario is he racially abuses the cops and they retaliate... it is ok for him to do it but they must not say anything back. Sounds fair, makes sense.

Please note I said scenario... this does not mean it has to have necessarily happened this way, as I don't have to necessarily believe the story the way the media have portrayed it.

Where have I said it's ok for him to do it? It obviously isn't.

But police should NOT retaliate in this way. Their sole purpose is to uphold the law, not to break it because people have been mean to them. The man was being arrested and if he'd done wrong I'd expect him to be punished within the law.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Where have I said it's ok for him to do it? It obviously isn't.

But police should NOT retaliate in this way. Their sole purpose is to uphold the law, not to break it because people have been mean to them. The man was being arrested and if he'd done wrong I'd expect him to be punished within the law.

as I don't have to necessarily believe the story the way the media have portrayed it.

Understand what I'm saying yet?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
With a link to a counter-example of a white man racially abused by black people. It's always like a Blur v Oasis debate with him.
Exactly. But this isn't a black man & white people, this is a black man & the police (or 3 policemen), which is very different - obviously I'm not arguing with you here, just your theoretical bushy - which is also very different :wink:

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Idiot police again. This lad is clearly no angel but the coppers have a duty to rise above provocation. Calling a suspect a **** and n***** is indefensible. They certainly would not have used that language if they knew they were being recorded, in a interview room or in a the presence of the public or other witnesses. Completely undermines all the positive efforts the police put in and will be used to justify yet more unreasonable behaviour from those who feel completely disenfranchised from authority.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Not really got a lot to say on this one , but re:blur v oasis , it's nothing of the sort, I just wont patronise you in the way that wankers like aol studios will.
& we're off - I wasn't patronising him & judging by the way you've squealed like a girl at the pretty mild things I've said to you in the past I think you should cheer up and man up bushy. You're a hippocrite, the ultimate keyboard warrior & absolutely - a wanker

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here