Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ffs, had to put this up, have a read - no comment needed

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
& we're off - I wasn't patronising him & judging by the way you've squealed like a girl at the pretty mild things I've said to you in the past I think you should cheer up and man up bushy. You're a hippocrite, the ultimate keyboard warrior & absolutely - a wanker
Ultimate keyboard warrior ?? I think that accolade belongs firmly on your shoulders, you make a big show of "standing up to a bully" without ever actually following through with it.
I've offered to meet you in Haywards Heath, I've offered to meet you in Brighton, all you ever do is reply with a smiley a "humorous" remark and an invitation to meet up in the north stand bar , where you'll be surrounded by a large amount of coppers, , oh sorry you once left a post about half eleven at night telling me you'd be in a certain bar after the Ipswich game, when we had called a truce and you knew full well I couldnt make it, since then you've done nothing but make snide remarks pretty much like the one on this thread, which is just about your mark, you gutless , two bob, wanker.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
I have raised two African American boys from their first week of life and have witnessed, alas, the pain and confusion that racial slights and innuendo can cause. Not necessarily flat-out racist abuse, just subtle racism. It's all pervasive, even in communities like multi-cultural laid-back Hawaii. Unless you've lived it, seen it, suffered from it, you really haven't a clue what you're talking about when you opine that cases like this are no big deal, or in any way excusable.

In terms of upbringing, my boys (teenagers) are as white as I am but their skin happens to be a bit darker. If they were white, they would never have the "banter" they've had to endure, or the looks, or the social fractures.

My family lives in a strange land where we are a minority (the majority being Hawaiian/Asian). Many in the the hard-core Hawaiian community hate "haoles" -- the white folk, because 120 years ago they stole a Kingdom and subjugated a proud race (that just didn't happen to have guns). So I know what it's like to be white and live through the racism thing on the receiving end. Sometimes Hawaii is not the paradise you'd imagine.

Here in the US, we now have the Trayvon Martin thing (Florida). A clear case of overt racism, where nothing is being done in the name of justice. Focus is now on the kid for wearing a hoodie and a suspension from school --not that he was gunned down in cold blood by a vigilante skinhead racist son of a judge.

There is a Black Male Code handed down between generations that is unthinkable for us in the white majority -- to survive, you have to act differently, think ahead carefully, and be submissive. Unless you want to multiply your risk of being killed by the authorities who are they to "protect" the community. Part of it at least.

You can argue this til the cows come home, really makes no difference to me because I'm living it and most others on here aren't. You can take it or leave it but my boys are living the reality and unless you've been in our shoes, you have no clue. Granted, you have an opinion, but no clue, and ignorance and prejudice is a poor excuse to write bollox.

Cheers. Have a nice day, y'all. :unclesam:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I have raised two African American boys from their first week of life and have witnessed, alas, the pain and confusion that racial slights and innuendo can cause. Not necessarily flat-out racist abuse, just subtle racism. It's all pervasive, even in communities like multi-cultural laid-back Hawaii. Unless you've lived it, seen it, suffered from it, you really haven't a clue what you're talking about when you opine that cases like this are no big deal, or in any way excusable.

In terms of upbringing, my boys (teenagers) are as white as I am but their skin happens to be a bit darker. If they were white, they would never have the "banter" they've had to endure, or the looks, or the social fractures.

My family lives in a strange land where we are a minority (the majority being Hawaiian/Asian). Many in the the hard-core Hawaiian community hate "haoles" -- the white folk, because 120 years ago they stole a Kingdom and subjugated a proud race (that just didn't happen to have guns). So I know what it's like to be white and live through the racism thing on the receiving end. Sometimes Hawaii is not the paradise you'd imagine.

Here in the US, we now have the Trayvon Martin thing (Florida). A clear case of overt racism, where nothing is being done in the name of justice. Focus is now on the kid for wearing a hoodie and a suspension from school --not that he was gunned down in cold blood by a vigilante skinhead racist son of a judge.

There is a Black Male Code handed down between generations that is unthinkable for us in the white majority -- to survive, you have to act differently, think ahead carefully, and be submissive. Unless you want to multiply your risk of being killed by the authorities who are they to "protect" the community. Part of it at least.

You can argue this til the cows come home, really makes no difference to me because I'm living it and most others on here aren't. You can take it or leave it but my boys are living the reality and unless you've been in our shoes, you have no clue. Granted, you have an opinion, but no clue, and ignorance and prejudice is a poor excuse to write bollox.

Cheers. Have a nice day, y'all. :unclesam:

Fantastic post and one that some on here should take heed of.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I live with a photographer / graphic designer / journo. She uses the Mac. I use a PC. We're a tolerant household. Except for Facebook - which I've never joined and never will. I have friends. Facebook is where you lose friends.

Agree. Facebook is the work of the devil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here