Fergies checklist !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1)Kung Fu kick a supporter: OK.
2)Miss a drug test: OK.
3)Shag Sister in-law for years: OK.
4)Shag ageing prostitutes:* OK.
5)Refuse to shake someones Hand: Ban for life.
1) Banned for nine months.
2) Banned for eight months.
3) What has that to do with him, or football?
4) See 3) above.
5) 3 week ban for racism, WTF?
AF has the hump because Suarez got a tap on the wrist when his players got far worse punishments for their indiscretions, which IMO were no more serious, and one of them, not even a criminal offence.
WTF? Suarez (the twat) said something which has been deemed to be racist. While unacceptable, it's no where near as bad as kung fu kicking a supporter, and it's no where near as bad as taking performance enhancing drugs, which makes a mockery of the whole sport, so of course the ban is less. And whether Fergie has the hump is entirely beside the point, he has rules for his players, and rules for all the others, which makes him a ****.

We're not even sure what Suarez said, some are suggesting that what he said amounted to 'mate', yet you think he should be banned for life? Madness.

Some people won't accept anything AF does or says as anything but heinous, personally, I admire him for his achievements as the greatest football manager in English football
Actually most football fans recognise that Fergie is a fantastic manager, with the best record in England. We're just also able to recognise how ridiculous he is.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If we're dealing in opinions and not facts:

If Suarez had been Ronaldo, for instance, Ferguson would have backed him to the hilt. You only have to look at his bitching and whining at bans dished out to his players to realise that.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Actually most football fans recognise that Fergie is a fantastic manager, with the best record in England. We're just also able to recognise how ridiculous he is.

And this is the crux. No-one is debating his ability as a manager. That would be stupid. He is a two faced hypocritical **** though (IN MY OPINION).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we're dealing in opinions and not facts:

If Suarez had been Ronaldo, for instance, Ferguson would have backed him to the hilt. You only have to look at his bitching and whining at bans dished out to his players to realise that.

Rather than dealing in guesswork, let's look at what has ACTUALLY happened to players who fell out with Fergie/disrespected him/went against the club:

Beckham - shipped out
Keane - shipped out
Yorke - shipped out
Van Nistelrooy - shipped out

Anti-Fergie brigade are talking shit. For the record I am not pro-Fergie.

By LYING to his manager and going against what was clearly the agreed "party line" of LFC, Saurez has gone against his own club. Clearly, if he was at Utd, he would be on his way out the door right now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're not even sure what Suarez said, some are suggesting that what he said amounted to 'mate', yet you think he should be banned for life? Madness.

FFS, does anyone not realise all Fergie said was that "he shouldn't be allowed to play FOR Liverpool again". He's put pressure on Liverpool to act in accordance with their history and traditions, which they did on Sunday, which MU accepted shortly afterwards.

HE NEVER SAID BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!! Jeez...

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Rather than dealing in guesswork, let's look at what has ACTUALLY happened to players who fell out with Fergie/disrespected him/went against the club:

Beckham - shipped out
Keane - shipped out
Yorke - shipped out

By LYING to his manager and going against what was clearly the agreed "party line" of LFC, Saurez has gone against his own club. Clearly, if he was at Utd, he would be on his way out the door right now.

And YOU are guessing as to what actually happened in the four instances highlighted above. It's all guesswork.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And YOU are guessing as to what actually happened in the four instances highlighted above. It's all guesswork.

We pretty much know for a fact in all 4 cases that the players either fell out with Fergie or spoke out against the club. Look em up, very easy.

Fergie is nowhere near perfect. But this latest attack against him is laughable and based on utter horseshit.

Spot on. The way people sling shit at Ferguson for the sake of it makes me CRINGE. This is NOTHING to do with him, and he said nothing remotely controversial. Suarez should be on his way for embarrassing his club like that.

You're missing the point. Ferguson is being criticised for commenting on another Clubs inhouse problems. As far as I can remember no other manager told Man Utd how they should deal with their problems. If they had Ferguson would have correctly told them to f*ck off - you can't have it both ways. The fact that Utd have not kicked out their own bad boys down the years shows the hypocrisy of Ferguson.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
WTF? Suarez (the twat) said something which has been deemed to be racist. While unacceptable, it's no where near as bad as kung fu kicking a supporter,.

Not deemed to be, it was racist. And as far as i am concenred, racisim is a far worse crime than retaliating to a racist (what Cantona did).

Racisim is an awful thing, and it many way is as bad as kung fu kicking a supporter. The kick was a heat of the moment, a spur of the moment response to disgusting verbal abuse. Suarez on the other hand abused someone over a period of time, with racsit slurs and taunts, and showed no remorse.

If someone made disgusing and threatening remarks towards me it would be considered by many justifiable to retaliate. If someone, who was not the same race as me, was doing their job and I didn't like it, I would never resort to racist insults, ever, there is no justification whatsoever.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS, does anyone not realise all Fergie said was that "he shouldn't be allowed to play FOR Liverpool again".
Yes, and we're calling him a hypocritical twat for doing so.
HE NEVER SAID BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!! Jeez...
What? Who said he did? It's Superphil that said he should be banned for life, pay attention at the back:
Quite, but sadly the FA and footballing bodies in general don't have the balls to face up to players who behave in an unacceptable way, Cantona and Ferdinand should both have been banned from professional football for life, likewise Suarez, IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Beckham - shipped out
Keane - shipped out
Yorke - shipped out

No, you've got that wrong. Fergie doesn't kick players out the day they do something wrong, he tries to get the best out of them and sells them when the time and money is right. Rooney fell out with Fergie, but oh look, he's still there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, you've got that wrong. Fergie doesn't kick players out the day they do something wrong, he tries to get the best out of them and sells them when the time and money is right. Rooney fell out with Fergie, but oh look, he's still there.

Rooney didn't publicly disrespect the club or lie to his manager, to our knowledge. Also, how do you know he didn't apologise to Fergie/the club after, and get his head down and concentrate on his footy?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He kept grabbing Evra's SKIN, and shouting "negro, negro!" Not racist at all.

Mr Evra also demonstrated a measure of balance in his evidence. For example, he was
prepared to make a number of concessions before us. Prior to 15 October 2011, Mr Evra
and Mr Suarez had played against each other when Mr Evra was playing for Manchester
United and in a France v Uruguay match. They had no relationship outside football, and
Mr Evra had experienced no problems with Mr Suarez on the pitch before this match. In
his written evidence, Mr Evra said:
"There is no need for any player to be racially abusive towards another player, it's
completely out of order. I was so surprised because Suarez has played with many
black players and I don't think he's racist but I don't know why he said that."

In the course of the argument, Mr
Suarez also pinched Mr Evra's skin (which was not in itself insulting behaviour
nor did it refer to Mr Evra's colour) and put his hand on the back of his head,
which were part of Mr Suarez's attempts to wind up Mr Evra (paragraphs 346 to
384 above).
(Suarez claimed after the match it was meant to indicate Evra is not untouchable, that regular fouls can happen against him, too, though when pressed on this point at the hearing was evasive in confirming that)

Mr Suarez's comments were made in the heat of the moment in response to being
confronted by Mr Evra about the foul. He did not use the word "negro" in a way
that could reasonably be translated as "******". He used the word “negro”
because Mr Evra is black (paragraphs 383, 274 above).

As for the mitigating factors, Mr Suarez had a clean
record in relations to charges of this type. Mr Evra started the confrontation in
the goalmouth, in response to which Mr Suarez used the insulting words. Mr
Suarez is likely to suffer personal embarrassment as a result of his behaviour
coming to light through this decision. He has in the past supported, and
continues to support, a charitable project in South Africa designed to promote
multi-racial football.

We conclude these Reasons with the following comment. The Charge against Mr Suarez
was that he used insulting words which included a reference to Mr Evra's colour. We have
found that Charge proved on the evidence and arguments put before us. The FA made
clear that it did not contend that Mr Suarez acted as he did because he is a racist. Mr Evra
said in his evidence that he did not think Mr Suarez is a racist. Mr Suarez said in evidence
that he will not use the word “negro” on a football pitch in England in the future, and we
believe that is his genuine and firm intention.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rooney didn't publicly disrespect the club or lie to his manager, to our knowledge. Also, how do you know he didn't apologise to Fergie/the club after, and get his head down and concentrate on his footy?
Can you show the evidence that the day Beckham, Keane, Yorke and Van Nistelrooy said something wrong, they never played for utd again? Of course not. And as others have said, no other manager was wading in saying they should never play again. Of course Suarez should continue to play for Liverpool, he's an important member of the team, but Fergie sticks his oar in to say he should never play again. It's hypocritical bolllox and all about harming his rivals, not about looking after Liverpool's name.

Are you a Manchester United supporter, then?

Nope, maybe I should have been a bit more explicit then 'thugish' as I still believe Keane should have got a lengthier ban after his comments, especially as from reading wiki he just used the ban to have surgery he was going to need anyway!!

By "people" do you mean Haaland himself? It was him who implied the connection between that challenge and the knee injury that he tried but failed to recover from. No, he didn't get stretchered off from that challenge, never to play again. In fact he finished that game I believe, but isn't it also true that he never played a full match again? The tackle didn't snap anything there and then, but it's hard to ignore that it was a challenge on the knee that led to his retirement so very soon after. Oh, and Roy said he set out to hurt Haaland, which is surely far more disgraceful behaviour than refusing to shake hands with someone.

"I'd waited long enough. I f***ing hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you cvnt. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

However you look at it, with or without the common misconception about the injury (you're right, most people probably do think he was stretchered off never to play again), that was a disgraceful incident from Fergies long-standing captain.

Looks like I'm just as misinformed as the others then ha!

Either way, more ontopic with Suarez, I defended Suarez for what he did at the world cup to most of my friends as I believe any player would do what he did (maybe not celebrate in the tunnel though!!). But after recent events it does just show that Suarez isn't a very nice person, but then again, a lot of top class footballers aren't, just look at a lot of Chelsea and Manchester Uniteds squads!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here