Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fergies checklist !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And none of them were "banned for life", so what is your point other than having your tongue rammed up Utd's massive conglomerate backside?

This.

Utd fans must be slightly gutted this whole issue is over with now. They can't hide behind faux outrage to use as a stick to beat Liverpool with anymore.

You really are completely obsessed with them aren't you. I get it all now. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] now another MU supporter for....oh my God....having an opinion that leans toward them! Carry on, I'm sure there are plenty more MU threads for you to post on!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You really are completely obsessed with them aren't you. I get it all now. [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] now another MU supporter for....oh my God....having an opinion that leans toward them! Carry on, I'm sure there are plenty more MU threads for you to post on!

Stalker.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sorry I just want to post this.

King Eric :bowdown:

article-1305031084534-0BFC93ED00000578-816078_636x303.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is this Ferguson we are talking about the same one who refused to be interviewed after matches for three years despite it being a "requirement" of the EPL? Seems to me to be a very direct parallel and no less disgraceful

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Racism is a disgusting smear on modern life, in this country and around the world, AF wasn't asking for him to be banned for not giving a handshake, it was a response to the pitiful punishment given to Suarez over the whole incident. Suarez refused to accept he had done anything wrong to start with, then smirked about the punishment he was given. Then he blatantly wanted to make a point in Saturday (the point that he still doesn't talk to blacks?), which only reinforced my opinion that he is a nasty racist. He (and Dalgleish) then only apologised after LFCs sponsors stepped in and told him to. How many more reasons do you need to want to see the back of Suarez in this country? What if he abuses Lua Lua on Sunday? Still happy that he shouldn't be banned for life? Or will an handshake make it all better for you?

Perhaps people are confused because he has made no reference to the leniency of the ban in comparison to those you mention, and he only called for Suarez to be banned for life in reference to the non-handshake that "could have caused a riot", not at any point prior to it or in the aftermath of the FA's findings on the original incident.

*I'm not saying the perhaps injustice is playing a part, just highlighting the poor way ferguson has conveyed these feelings you are supposing he means.

I don't know if I feel suarez should have been banned longer, I can see both sides. But, I would feel uncomfortable saying players overstepping the line in the heat of an argument is worse than a player kicking a fan, and SAF welcomed Cantona back. This isn't jealousy, this isn't suggesting suarez has done nothing wrong, it is simply highlighting the double standards of Ferguson. Unless he doesn't think Man Utd's reputation is good enough to deserve the sort of protection he feels Liverpool should have.

Cantona was given the chance to show he had learned from his mistake. Doesn't Suarez deserve the same chance?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Didn't Ferguson actually pay a back handed compliment to LFC by saying with their great history, Suarez shouldn't play for them again. I've not read anywhere where is has asked for a ban? Am I missing a key quote from some where?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't Ferguson actually pay a back handed compliment to LFC by saying with their great history, Suarez shouldn't play for them again. I've not read anywhere where is has asked for a ban? Am I missing a key quote from some where?

But Ferguson did not mince his words in condemning the Liverpool marksman, who has previously faced a long ban in Holland for biting an opponent.

'I just could not believe it - he’s a disgrace to Liverpool and they should get rid of him,’ said Ferguson after Suarez failed to shake Evra’s hand before kick-off. The Frenchman then grabbed the striker’s wrist to try to pull him back as he moved down the line and Rio Ferdinand refused to shake Suarez’s hand in retaliation.

‘I had a chat with Patrice in the morning and he said he was going to shake his [Suarez’s] hand because he had nothing to be ashamed of and wanted to keep his dignity. And then Suarez refuses,’ added Ferguson.

‘He is a disgrace to Liverpool football club and players like him should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again. The history that club has got, and he does that. And in a situation like today it could have caused a riot. I thought it was really disappointing.’

Read more: Luis Suarez should be kicked out of English football: Sir Alex Ferguson | Mail Online

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But Ferguson did not mince his words in condemning the Liverpool marksman, who has previously faced a long ban in Holland for biting an opponent.

'I just could not believe it - he’s a disgrace to Liverpool and they should get rid of him,’ said Ferguson after Suarez failed to shake Evra’s hand before kick-off. The Frenchman then grabbed the striker’s wrist to try to pull him back as he moved down the line and Rio Ferdinand refused to shake Suarez’s hand in retaliation.

‘I had a chat with Patrice in the morning and he said he was going to shake his [Suarez’s] hand because he had nothing to be ashamed of and wanted to keep his dignity. And then Suarez refuses,’ added Ferguson.

‘He is a disgrace to Liverpool football club and players like him should not be allowed to play for Liverpool again. The history that club has got, and he does that. And in a situation like today it could have caused a riot. I thought it was really disappointing.’

Read more: Luis Suarez should be kicked out of English football: Sir Alex Ferguson | Mail Online

Ignoring the Daily Mail's twist, the quote you posted is what I read and heard in the post match interview, in that he shouldn't be allowed to play for Liverpool again. That is not asking for a ban from football as far as I can tell.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is anyone else confused as to WHERE Fergie has come out and said all of those things are "OK"? I can't recall any quotes on those incidents where he said; "Yeah, oh that? That was fine."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is anyone else confused as to WHERE Fergie has come out and said all of those things are "OK"? I can't recall any quotes on those incidents where he said; "Yeah, oh that? That was fine."

I think it is implied by his continued picking of the players after the incidents (and any punishment they received for it). Maybe not that it is ok for the players to do them, per se, but it is ok to continue using the players after they have done them, yet not ok for liverpool to continue using suarez after doing what he did. But the image on the other thread and the list on this thread loses it's punch somewhat if you have to make that, largely unnecessary, clarification.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it is implied by his continued picking of the players after the incidents (and any punishment they received for it). Maybe not that it is ok for the players to do them, per se, but it is ok to continue using the players after they have done them, yet not ok for liverpool to continue using suarez after doing what he did. But the image on the other thread and the list on this thread loses it's punch somewhat if you have to make that, largely unnecessary, clarification.

Doesn't really work, does it? Because Fergie NEVER said ANY of those things were ok. Doesn't work.

If anything, what Fergie said about Saurez was a backhanded compliment to Liverpool. Fergie had bust ups with players and subsequently got rid (Beckham, Keane, Van Nistelrooy).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find this whole SAF/MU witchhunt rather nausiating too, so I'm with Phil on this one.

The point that doesn't seem to be being made is that all this Man Utd miscreants took their punishments (some of them quite heavy to be fair) and then got on with doing their job. Suarez didn't do that. He refused to shake hands - having lied by informing his own manager that he had every intention of doing so. I'd be prepared to say that I think his initial racist comment had been blown out of all proportion, but he is a f***ing disgrace for behaving like he did on Saturday.

And for all SAF's faults, we all know he ships his own players out when they start acting bigger than the club. If Suarez was a Utd player, he'd be out on his arse now, and that's a fact.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't really work, does it? Because Fergie NEVER said ANY of those things were ok. Doesn't work.

But whether he thinks the incidents are ok or not isn't really the point of the meme. The point is that these players have done bad things (of varying moral and legal degrees), and he didn't feel they were a disgrace to man utd, as evidenced by his continued use of the players after they had committed the sins. Suarez has done a bad thing, and yet Ferguson feels that makes him a disgrace to liverpool (and he made his point in reference to refusing a handshake on the grounds it could have caused a riot).

Even if he had made the point in relation to the original incident of racist abuse, there is still a very legitimate question of the distinction between someone who it has been stressed is not considered a racist, using south american colloquialism to a french man who has a fairly decent, though not perfect understanding of spanish that the frenchman considers racially offensive (in response to a similarly offensive, though not racist, comment to Suarez) in a clearly heated situation, and physically abusing an opposing fan for the sort of goading that goes on every match.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Saurez was a United player, he'd no longer be a United player any more. The meme just does NOT work, as is simply points-scoring by bitter Liverpool fans. Fergie doesn't think those things are OK. It's stupid.

The meme would only be accurate/realistic if after each of the United players' indiscretions, it said:

Fergie was furious with the player, but the player got their head down, accepted their punishment, apologised for their actions and got on with it.

COMPLETELY different to Saurez's actions.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if he had made the point in relation to the original incident of racist abuse, there is still a very legitimate question of the distinction between someone who it has been stressed is not considered a racist, using south american colloquialism to a french man

He kept grabbing Evra's SKIN, and shouting "negro, negro!" Not racist at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No it's not. It's an opinion.
Yes, clearly it is an opinion. However I'm fairly confident that is exactly what would have happened.

He ditched Beckham and Yorke when in his opinion they decided that playing football was beginning to take a back seat to their lives elsewhere. If Suarez had been Man Utd, he'd have been told to shake hands, learn from it, and get on with the job. Going against Ferguson would have seen him end up at Aston Villa or a similar sized club abroad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Saurez was a United player, he'd no longer be a United player any more. The meme just does NOT work, as is simply points-scoring by bitter Liverpool fans. Fergie doesn't think those things are OK. It's stupid.
Spot on. The way people sling shit at Ferguson for the sake of it makes me CRINGE. This is NOTHING to do with him, and he said nothing remotely controversial. Suarez should be on his way for embarrassing his club like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here