Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At the moment they can't be. PSR is keeping things fairly level. Liverpool haven't bought, Newcastle had to sell Minteh to us, Man City are short odds for relegation because of their legal troubles.

PSR may not last. Some big names don't like it. Martin Samuels has basically taken the Saudi line lock, stock and barrel and wants Newcastle to be able to spend whatever they like 'because they can'. Todd will be making similar noises at Chelsea. Man City are taking the legal fight to the Premier League, on the front foot as ever.

Bloom, shrewd operator that he is, has seen this window as the one where we have cash from previous deals and headroom from previous deals and got in there with some decent players, while other big clubs can't spend without PSR issues.

Part of the reason for my reply to @Napper would be that he will want to see return on the investment. We may end up with sides freed of PSR spending untold billions in the future. Our additional revenue would have to come from Europe, as would our attractiveness to good young players.

EDIT - TL;DR? This is the window where we'll outspend a few big clubs and Bloom will want to see that come to something.
I think Martin Samuels' son works for City Group hence he's quite happy for middle eastern owners to spend billions!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

on the official account now. ‘hamstring injury’ is the line they’re going with…

IMG_0566.gif

abc

Jan 6, 2007
At the moment they can't be. PSR is keeping things fairly level. Liverpool haven't bought, Newcastle had to sell Minteh to us, Man City are short odds for relegation because of their legal troubles.

PSR may not last. Some big names don't like it. Martin Samuels has basically taken the Saudi line lock, stock and barrel and wants Newcastle to be able to spend whatever they like 'because they can'. Todd will be making similar noises at Chelsea. Man City are taking the legal fight to the Premier League, on the front foot as ever.

This has really wound me up over time (though shouting at a newspaper if even less effective than shouting at the TV!). Why do you think he has taken this position? I can only think some self interest as it is a subject he writes on regularly and without an iota of balance for a 'head sports writer of a heavy weight publication'

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
This has really wound me up over time (though shouting at a newspaper if even less effective than shouting at the TV!). Why do you think he has taken this position? I can only think some self interest as it is a subject he writes on regularly and without an iota of balance for a 'head sports writer of a heavy weight publication'
I take it you're after a more detailed and constructive response than "because he's a twat"?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Hmmm interesting context depending on translator, the Brigthon tweet says "have rejected" translator deepl says

"SPORX EXCLUSIVE | Ferdi Kadioglu in the dressing room with his team-mates before the Lille match.

Despite Brighton's 35 million euro offer, Fenerbahçe has not decided to sell"

Not decided to sell, is havent made mind up yet rather than rejected..... of course the tweet could be right, but would need a Turkish speaker to get context correct

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Ok so rivalry in Turkey is really intense and goes into media spheres, political spheres etc. Some potential future Fenerbahce president could be spreading false rumours to make the club leadership look bad, someone currently at the club could do it to look good, there are hardcore Galatasaray fans and others wanting to freak out fans etc...

Basically its incomprenhensible and most of it is utter bullshit. The only thing everyone seem to agree on is that we've made a bid, so MAYBE we can assume that to be true.

Think most likely he'll end up with us but this is the kind of "hijacked at the airport" deal that isn't done untils done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here