Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
You being happy with our squad isn’t proof that we don’t need, or aren't looking for, other players in important positions. By all means express an opinion but it’s best not to express it as if it’s a fact.
You think we need players, i don't. Not a fact, an opinion.

We already haveone of the largest squads in the PL!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You think we need players, i don't. Not a fact, an opinion.

We already haveone of the largest squads in the PL!!
You can argue that we need to sell/loan players - if we’re in line with other seasons then we still have 10-15 loans to line up . And probably a few more sales. To make the squad manageable, free up funds and develop players AND also argue that we’re actively tracking, keen to sign new players to strengthen the squad and support the coach.

It’s not either / or and fact is - unless you choose to believe the likes of Sky, the BBC , Express, Talk Sport , Romano the Turkish, German , and Scottish media and er, Bloom and Hurzeler are all making it up - then every sign is we are looking to make a few more substantial signings .

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
So near but I fear Utd have got their man...Reading on various sites that they think it's a done deal. Wages but then you can't blame him.
very irritating that we’re even having this conversation when it appears that manure would have breached PSR and thus not have been in a position to hijack, were it not for the premier league giving them a ‘special allowance’ for covid that no other club got. the rules simply do not apply to the big six cartel

Last edited:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
You can argue that we need to sell/loan players - if we’re in line with other seasons then we still have 10-15 loans to line up . And probably a few more sales. To make the squad manageable, free up funds and develop players AND also argue that we’re actively tracking, keen to sign new players to strengthen the squad and support the coach.

It’s not either / or and fact is - unless you choose to believe the likes of Sky, the BBC , Express, Talk Sport , Romano the Turkish, German , and Scottish media and er, Bloom and Hurzeler are all making it up - then every sign is we are looking to make a few more substantial signings .
Fine. A couple of years ago it was splashed all over the Scotish Daily Record, the internet anf even The Argus that we were signing Eduaerd from Celtic. Countless pages on NSC. I called it out at the time as bullshit. Maybe there was contact, maybe not. WHO knows? The same situation happened with Watkins when he was at Brentford, Toney when he was at Peterborough and so on.
Can we agree that we WILL be off-loading players? Yes i know we always do at this time of year.
In MY opinion, neither of these players will be signing for the Albion. We are actively tracking them does not equate with them holding up the shirt!! Be honest no one knows what is really going on. If if either or both of these players DO sign i will be delighted.
IF we go into the season with our present squad i will be quite delighted with our summer business and am looking forward to the new season.
It's all about opinions isn't it?

Enjoy the ride

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I’ve just emailed Paul Barber to say call off any more deals as Frank Worthington on nsc is happy with the squad. He replied saying they were close to O’Riley and the Turkish bloke - I said especially not them please as FW of NSC has said there’s no chance and they’re not realistic. Barber begrudgingly agreed and we are now signing nobody else. We know who to blame if we have a poor start to the season now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
very irritating that we’re even having this conversation when it appears that manure would have breached PSR and thus not have been in a position to hijack, were it not for the premier league giving them a ‘special allowance’ for covid that no to what club got. the rules simply do not apply to the big six cartel

WTF?!

I've struggled to have much sympathy for the whinging of Everton and Newcastle fans, nor, if there has been any, for that of Leicester or Forest. However, if man u are getting special dispensations that no one else are and Chelsea can sell hotels and whatever it wants to itself so it can continue flouting the rules then something clearly isn't right.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
In MY opinion, neither of these players will be signing for the Albion. We are actively tracking them does not equate with them holding up the shirt!! Be honest no one knows what is really going on. If if either or both of these players DO sign i will be delighted.
IF we go into the season with our present squad i will be quite delighted with our summer business and am looking forward to the new season.
Good lad. You’re getting the hang of this.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fine. A couple of years ago it was splashed all over the Scotish Daily Record, the internet anf even The Argus that we were signing Eduaerd from Celtic. Countless pages on NSC. I called it out at the time as bullshit. Maybe there was contact, maybe not. WHO knows? The same situation happened with Watkins when he was at Brentford, Toney when he was at Peterborough and so on.
Can we agree that we WILL be off-loading players? Yes i know we always do at this time of year.

Enjoy the ride
I don't remember the Argus saying that. The main source was a (now-deceased) former tabloid writer who had once acted as a sort of media adviser to the club and was trying to sound as if he was still ITK by feeding stories, many completely made up, to a Scottish colleague. Hence the Record publishing the alleged details of a contract offer we had supposedly made to Edouard - a player in whom I am reliably informed we had little to no interest.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't remember the Argus saying that. The main source was a (now-deceased) former tabloid writer who had once acted as a sort of media adviser to the club and was trying to sound as if he was still ITK by feeding stories, many completely made up, to a Scottish colleague. Hence the Record publishing the alleged details of a contract offer we had supposedly made to Edouard - a player in whom I am reliably informed we had little to no interest.

Ian McGarry presumably?

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015

Another video which suggests an emotional goodbye (before he joins Man U…)

Seen both clips and can't help thinking people see what they want to see and spin it. He may well be off to another country to play his football but he may also just be waving to thank fans for singing and encouraging him to stay. Fenerbache are at home Tuesday tea time and you can be sure he will be starting the CL game. So last night imo was him just thanking fans for their support. As a side issue can Ferdi play for Utd in Europa league if he were to leave Fenerbache having already played for them in this season CL competition?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
As a side issue can Ferdi play for Utd in Europa league if he were to leave Fenerbache having already played for them in this season CL competition?

This is what Google said: A player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
This is what Google said: A player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.
Thanks for that Hiheidi, I wonder if he's hedging his bets re staying or Utd and waiting to see what happens Tuesday. Can't say I blame him. The whole Wan-Bissaka will he won't he to West ham seems odd, even by Utds standards. Maybe we should just bid ourselves for the Morrocan full back or dare I say it the exPalarse!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Thanks for that Hiheidi, I wonder if he's hedging his bets re staying or Utd and waiting to see what happens Tuesday. Can't say I blame him. The whole Wan-Bissaka will he won't he to West ham seems odd, even by Utds standards. Maybe we should just bid ourselves for the Morrocan full back or dare I say it the exPalarse!
Could also be Fenerbace waiting to see what happens Tuesday. I’d imagine the CL money (or not) is a big factor in this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here