Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Worthington was a super player. He wasn’t for the Albion. A few flashes but nothing more. Fun to watch but would get no way near our squad now.
Being dead for 3 years doesn’t help in that respect. I’d probably still take him over Dahoud but it would be close.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
38 appearances for Spain against Worthington’s 8 for England.

On paper it’s difficult to argue.

I think a far more interesting question though, is who was the greatest player to play for Brighton while in the peak of his career?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I think a far more interesting question though, is who was the greatest player to play for Brighton while in the peak of his career?
Welbeck 42
Milner 61

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure what you said but I just edited mine to say ‘short period of time’ rather than ‘shit period of time’ as that’s what I meant to type!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I haven’t seen this at all. Apart from the weird Swedish chap, is there anybody on here that loves Potter and hate RDZ? I haven’t seen that at all.

RDZ was probably the best manager we ever had, over a short period of time. But he couldn’t do it long term, and it all ended in tears really. As it usually does with that kind of manager.

I know from a very good source that some of the young players weren’t enjoying working with him and had had enough of him by the end. ‘The Mourinho effect’ it was described to me as. Brilliant for a year or so but long-term it just became too much.
Never said “hate” just “anti”, I would suggest If you’re inclined, to check out a few threads after he left….. there’s a few ‘anti’ IMO.

It did ‘end in tears’, but the European experience can never be removed.

Interesting re the younger players, possibly some of it might have been frustration around trying to hit levels they weren’t quite ready for…… who knows….
A shame, nonetheless…..

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Neither of those players could lay a glove on Vicente and you know it.
Welbeck certainly scored more for his country.

This could carry on forever we had better players since and they've been better for us. In fact Lallana had a very similar career.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As we bid 35MM days ago ,( asking price ) so either the club or player are on a waiting game for better offers.
Did we? Who from the club said that I must of missed it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did we? Who from the club said that I must of missed it.
So many rumours come out of Turkey once you start sniffing around one of their players.

I’d suggest there is no smoke without fire in reference to our interest in Kadıoğlu. But, as can be seen in this snippet from a supposed meeting with Cock, Bronco and Mourinho, you have to take it all with a kilo of salt.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So many rumours come out of Turkey once you start sniffing around one of their players.

I’d suggest there is no smoke without fire in reference to our interest in Kadıoğlu. But, as can be seen in this snippet from a supposed meeting with Cock, Bronco and Mourinho, you have to take it all with a kilo of salt.

Rumours rumours rumours.

Most sensible people fully understand to take everything they hear or read while rubbing their Jimmy Hill chin. Others though, believe anything. It really is worrying how people can merge this crap into reality. We're seeing it play across the nation.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta

Easy. Lawro. Before anyone pipes up with Liverpool, he was just as good for us as he was for them. No difference hence slotting straight into their already great team.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

"No smoke without fire" is the most misleading phrase ever.

In reality the "smoke" can be "made up stories of smoke" which can very much exist without any "fire".

Much like made up stories about fog.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Rumours rumours rumours.

Most sensible people fully understand to take everything they hear or read while rubbing their Jimmy Hill chin. Others though, believe anything. It really is worrying how people can merge this crap into reality. We're seeing it play across the nation.
Sensible people? I’m still waiting for Michael Owen! he’s at the Grand apparently.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Brian Horton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here