PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well if it’s best player FOR the Albion then neither Vicente or Worthington are even close!
To me that's all that concerns me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe you just don't like beautiful football?
I’ll add in my insular view of football, that is following Brighton, I’d never heard of the majority of players we sign, he was one of them. in reality he offered us little.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just wondered what he brought to the party, not very much from my memory.
Great player in his day, but the Brighton version was very inconsistent. Some amazing flashes of flair, pace and skill but truth is that most of our best games in seasons 11-13 were without him in the team.

Our best and most influential player at Championship level was Knocky. From the moment he arrived in Jan 2016 until we achieved promotion we averaged over 2 points per game.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The anti RdZ rhetoric from some particularly those who ‘love’ Potter is laughable.

There is no doubt Potter did a great job, RdZ just took a step further forward, the two achievements can both exist……

Basically, completely agree with your post…..
I haven’t seen this at all. Apart from the weird Swedish chap, is there anybody on here that loves Potter and hate RDZ? I haven’t seen that at all.

RDZ was probably the best manager we ever had, over a short period of time. But he couldn’t do it long term, and it all ended in tears really. As it usually does with that kind of manager.

I know from a very good source that some of the young players weren’t enjoying working with him and had had enough of him by the end. ‘The Mourinho effect’ it was described to me as. Brilliant for a year or so but long-term it just became too much.

Last edited:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
The finest player to pull on an Albion shirt. Let no one tell you differant.
And Huddersfield, Bolton, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Sunderland, Tranmere, Preston, Stockport, and of course England. Add to that list various overseas clubs as well as a few non-League outfits. Busy boy was Frank and a great entertainer. :thumbsup:

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I haven’t seen this at all. Apart from the weird Swedish chap, is there anybody on here that loves Potter and hate RDZ? I haven’t seen that at all.

RDZ was probably the best manager we ever had, over a shit period of time. But he couldn’t do it long term, and it all ended in tears really. As it usually does with that kind of manager.

I know from a very good source that some of the young players weren’t enjoying working with him and had had enough of him by the end. ‘The Mourinho effect’ it was described to me as. Brilliant for a year or so but long-term it just became too much.
Deleted

Last edited:

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Worthington was a super player. He wasn’t for the Albion. A few flashes but nothing more. Fun to watch but would get no way near our squad now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here