Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Felt like taking him off at HT yesterday was the right decision, he really struggled that first half defensively. Not sure if a case of new league getting up to speed, understand the tactics or a combination of the above but a fair few times he was caught well out of position and rightly taken off.

He's definitely a decent player though and looked a lot more comfortable to me with the ball than without. Could see him doing a decent job as one of the 'wide 8's' or playing on the wing in games when we need a bit more defensive solidity.

Saying that I was really impressed with Mitoma's defensive contribution yesterday- he dug Ferdi out a few times in that first half
Ferdi looked impressive going forward though. This is why i'm edging towards thinking he should be featuring in CM or RW

Coldwaltham Seagull

Mar 8, 2024
Ferdi looked impressive going forward though. This is why i'm edging towards thinking he should be featuring in CM or RW
I agree- this is what I meant by looking more comfortable on the ball than without. He's certainly got an eye for a pass and think would perhaps look more confortable at this point playing higher up the pitch. Could potentially play the Hinshelwood role quite well should we want to manage his minutes at any point

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
he was an absolute nightmare defensively yesterday and there’s no point pretending otherwise. stopped following his man for the first goal, beaten by johnson in every 1v1 (okay yes, he is in very good form) and, most frustratingly, was absolutely nowhere near the centre back every time an attack came down his side (meaning spurs would often be in a 2v2 situation pretty quickly). not at all surprised to see him hooked.

he did look very decent going toward though, and i think has already shown on quite a few occasions how that could be a useful trait of his. to be honest i’d like it most if he was on the right, as the other overlapping wing back. annoyed me for years, and with successive managers, that we rely so much on the mitoma/pervis combination on the left but have no such combination on the right. lamptey was okay at that, but couldn’t really cross the ball and was injured more often than not. think ferdi would really suit us there, especially if the manager was playing a back 3.

all in all, yes not a great defensive showing yesterday but that’s nothing to worry about and he’s already shown he has a lot of offer the team this season. also can’t forget he’s had a knock already this season. will give him plenty of time.

Merlin57

Feb 24, 2016
One or two decent balls into the box, however, looked unfit to me, jogging back after losing the ball, needs some gym sessions to improve his strength, when Pervis came on, the difference was huge down our left side. The change also gave Mitoma the confidence to get at spurs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
he was an absolute nightmare defensively yesterday and there’s no point pretending otherwise. stopped following his man for the first goal, beaten by johnson in every 1v1 (okay yes, he is in very good form) and, most frustratingly, was absolutely nowhere near the centre back every time an attack came down his side (meaning spurs would often be in a 2v2 situation pretty quickly). not at all surprised to see him hooked.

he did look very decent going toward though, and i think has already shown on quite a few occasions how that could be a trait of his. to be honest id like it most if he was on the right, as the other overlapping wing back. annoyed me for years, and with successive managers, that we rely so much on the mitoma/pervis combination on the left but have no such combination on the right. lamptey way okay at that, but couldn’t really cross the ball and was injured more often than not. think ferdi would really suit us there, especially if the manager was playing a back 3.

all in all, he’s not a great defensive showing yesterday but that’s nothing to worry about and he’s already shown he has a lot of offer the team this season. also can’t forget he’s had a knock already this season. will give him plenty of time.
Was my view on it - surprised at the time how many fans were saying he had a good half

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Pervis in the 2nd half was the first 'proper' LB performance we've seen from ANY of our players playing in that position this season. It forced Johnson back and he then looked half the player. I thought Baleba on the whole had the better of Maddison too, gutted when he scored (FFS Bart)

My other big take away was only one English centre forward looked a threat throughout yesterday and on another day could have had a hat-trick, and it 's wasn't Slowdonkey.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yes, but his defensive positioning was soooo naïve. It was often like he'd never experienced a flick on in his life before and had no idea how to defend it. He also kept screwing up the offside trap so was starting to look a bit of a liability there.

All of this aside, it's been about as difficult as a test as you'd find for a full back coming into the PL. In form Sancho/Palmer first week, in form Porro/Johnson the following. I think his clear attacking mindset and quality delivery means that he'll be a huge asset when it comes to breaking down lesser teams than Spurs and Chelsea this season and he'll face few wingers of the quality of the last two games this year (being kind to BJ). Excited to see him settle properly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah this was why I didn't want him taken off at half time. Generally we looked bereft of attacking ideas in the first half but the few bright moments we had all involved him and Mitoma. He also did save us from conceding a couple more goals with his recovery pace. Yes he struggled defensively with regard to positioning but overall, he was no worse than Veltman or Dunk in the first half.

As it was, the change clearly helped and seemed to give Mitoma even more confidence so it was a very good substitution but I'm not writing Kadioglu off after that, I still think he's going to be a really good player for us and I'm looking forward to watching more of him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Felt like taking him off at HT yesterday was the right decision, he really struggled that first half defensively. Not sure if a case of new league getting up to speed, understand the tactics or a combination of the above but a fair few times he was caught well out of position and rightly taken off.

He's definitely a decent player though and looked a lot more comfortable to me with the ball than without. Could see him doing a decent job as one of the 'wide 8's' or playing on the wing in games when we need a bit more defensive solidity.

Saying that I was really impressed with Mitoma's defensive contribution yesterday- he dug Ferdi out a few times in that first half
Yes, agree with this, especially your point about being more comfortable with the ball than without. On several occasions, he travelled considerable distance to win a 50:50 and lost out, and rather than going all out to win the ball I think he'd have been better served to close down the space and options for the opponent rather than going all-in to try and win it (and lose out).

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I keep reading that he had a nightmare in the first half. I thought he was OK and there were signs of a bit of a partnership forming with Mitoma.

Pervis was great when he came on though.

Hopefully hes a longer term replacement for Veltman, but the way Velts is playing at the moment he's going to need an injury to get an extended run.
Indeed 👍. Velts was so important for our second half performance yesterday.

Yeah this was why I didn't want him taken off at half time. Generally we looked bereft of attacking ideas in the first half but the few bright moments we had all involved him and Mitoma. He also did save us from conceding a couple more goals with his recovery pace. Yes he struggled defensively with regard to positioning but overall, he was no worse than Veltman or Dunk in the first half.

As it was, the change clearly helped and seemed to give Mitoma even more confidence so it was a very good substitution but I'm not writing Kadioglu off after that, I still think he's going to be a really good player for us and I'm looking forward to watching more of him.
Yes I didn't think he was particularly worse than a lot of the others in a chaotic first half where few were much kop. I was surprised Pervis didn't start after he played at the Bridge and I wonder if the Fab plan was always to give them both decent minutes regardless

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Going forward he was great. His crossing is excellent and he has good vision.

Defensively I think the very first attack has thrown him tbh. He doesn’t stop with dunk and Webster initially plays Warner on stops to late and was then 2 yards behind Brennan Johnson and a better ball it would be 0-1 inside 30 seconds.
For the goal he stops when he had to continue with the man. A couple other times he was out of position and caught. He can up against a good player in good form.

Shows he has a lot to offer long term I think it will take him a while to cement a starting stop and get up to speed. Still think RB is up for grabs for him. Will naturally overlap and his I suspect he would be comfortable there crossing balls in.

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
It’s gonna take him a while (like every new player) to integrate into the BHA system - far too early to give any worthwhile opinion at this stage of the Season - this guy has all the ability (as we’ve seen from the euros) and will surely be another big player for us in the near future👍

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

he did look very decent going toward though, and i think has already shown on quite a few occasions how that could be a useful trait of his. to be honest i’d like it most if he was on the right, as the other overlapping wing back.
The worry is that if he has no defensive positional sense as left wing-back then why would he have any on the right?

I can see his value wide right or wide left of midfield in a 4-3-3 where he could create an overload with the winger, or hit teams on the counter, but as a wing-back and with our CBs lacking pace he could get caught out by the ball played in behind. He's also not got the physicality of Baleba to get himself out of jail

However, there is a really good footballer there, it's just fitting him in to our system. I think it underlines how our top priority signing now needs to be a pacy CB.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Going forward he was great. His crossing is excellent and he has good vision.

Defensively I think the very first attack has thrown him tbh. He doesn’t stop with dunk and Webster initially plays Warner on stops to late and was then 2 yards behind Brennan Johnson and a better ball it would be 0-1 inside 30 seconds.
For the goal he stops when he had to continue with the man. A couple other times he was out of position and caught. He can up against a good player in good form.

Shows he has a lot to offer long term I think it will take him a while to cement a starting stop and get up to speed. Still think RB is up for grabs for him. Will naturally overlap and his I suspect he would be comfortable there crossing balls in.
Yes, the decisions to stay and play for the offside vs run with the attacker, are difficult ones, and at the speed of the game these choices need to be intuitive rather than thought through maybe - lots of training with the team, plus half games,and I think he'll get there.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully be ok but always more to prove when come from a Noddy league.

Thats whu Gruda isnt a worry really as already done it in the Bundesliga

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here