Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ferdi Kadioglu **Singed 27/08/24**

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ferdi RB and Pervis LB please.

They’re our first choice full backs as far as I’m concerned and now they’re both fit, they need a run of games in the starting 11 to build understanding with the other players.

Their pace will be essential against Chelsea.
I would agree with that. 2 full backs with half a yard of pace and good footballers.

If not this weekend it must be close before they are both starting.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Firstly, Ferdi isn't a left back anymore than Hinsh is a RB. We've not signed him to start ahead of a fit and in form Pervis. Bit of memory loss here re Perv. At his best there's very few better left backs and he makes Mitoma better. Ferdi will play RB more than LB, I guarantee that.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I wouldn't be super surprised to see him start as RW in front of Veltman to have a little bit of extra defensive solidity. No one has claimed that RW spot so its certainly open to experiments.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Firstly, Ferdi isn't a left back anymore than Hinsh is a RB. We've not signed him to start ahead of a fit and in form Pervis. Bit of memory loss here re Perv. At his best there's very few better left backs and he makes Mitoma better. Ferdi will play RB more than LB, I guarantee that.
Not convinced. The majority of Ferdis games are LB

Pervis has been pretty crap for a very very long time

He was fantastic that first season though

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Not convinced. The majority of Ferdis games are LB

Pervis has been pretty crap for a very very long time

He was fantastic that first season though

Last season he was primarily a LB, but the season before he was a RB.

When he signed for us, this is what Hurzeler said “He is predominantly a full-back and can play on the right or left side; he can also play in the center of midfield,"

I may be reading too much into it, but he listed right side first, so maybe a clue as to how he views him.

And re Pervis, its hard not to be a bit crap when you're injured.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I may be reading too much into it, but he listed right side first, so maybe a clue as to how he views him.
Going completely OT here, but humans always naturally favour their dominant side.

If you make two identical queues, the majority of people will pick the right hand queue because they are right handed. For this reason, left side queues invariably are quicker than the right.

The opposite happens in advertising, for example a movie poster billing, because in the West we read left to right, that’s why huge stars demand to be billed on the left as it is “first”.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yet we let Barco go as soon as we agreed Ferdi. Who sees himself as a left back

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Where you putting Hinshelwood ? Listening to Fab in his press conference he's more or less saying he gets included 'somewhere'.
Central midfield. Him and Ferdi could interchange in a fairly fluid system making it harder for the opposition to track them.

Wieffer, Adingra, Enciso and Minteh on the bench will all provide options to change the dynamic of the set-up depending on the match situation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Central midfield. Him and Ferdi could interchange in a fairly fluid system making it harder for the opposition to track them.

Wieffer, Adingra, Enciso and Minteh on the bench will all provide options to change the dynamic of the set-up depending on the match situation.
So 4-3-3 if Veltman is at RB per your post.....leaving Joao or Welbeck out presumably.

Goodness knows how Fab is going to pick a team when everyone is fit :ROFLMAO:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agreed we need to match their pacey players as least with a team that's not slow. I would go with.

Bart

Ferdi
JPvH
Dunk
Estupinan

Baleba
Hinshelwood

Minteh - not been effective going forward but quick and works hard defensively.
Georgino
Mitoma

Welbeck
I'd go for more pace at the back (bring in Ferdi at RB) and more overall solidity in midfield as Chelsea are flying. I also don't think either of the two that have started RW warrant another start, so I'm thinking:

Bart
Ferdi JPvH Dunk Pervis
Hinshelwood Weiffer Baleba
Rutter Mitoma
Welbeck​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here