Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Females that make up rape claims...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Our court system is based on the idea that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. We should work to make sure our prejudices as a society reflect that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
All I will say is, don't fall into the trap of thinking that there are loads of women going round making up these sort of allegations to get guys into shit. There really aren't. Not nearly as many, in fact, as instances of men forcing themselves on women simply because they're their partners, or because they let them kiss them, or because "she looked like she wanted it".

There is always a heavily misplaced sense of grievance on this (admittedly emotive) subject, and as someone who's seen both sides of the coin through work, it does get to me when people form this impression that thousands of women are out there trying to stitch up innocent men.

I see your point Edna but I suppose the difference is that:

a) the name of the accused is generally made public

b) the small but still important number of cases where someone has been wrongly accused does lead to the kind of examination and questioning of those that make accusations that it puts off a significant number of people who do have grounds, from making a complaint for fear of the treatment they will get or simply that they wont be believed.

every person that makes an unfounded claim, wastes police time or then wastes the court's time is doing a significant disservice to the wider society and so should face the consequences.

Also the way the court system works (the inability to use hearsay or comments that are made in the past that may have a bearing) often work against the accused. I can think of three cases where complainants have made comments that they had been attacked by men previously which they never made a formal complaint about and then a complaint is made about another man but the earlier complaints (which often have similar alledged methods, location etc) aren't admissable.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
it does get to me when people form this impression that thousands of women are out there trying to stitch up innocent men.

-----

Why would a woman consider doing this? Surely if all the darning is finished, she could be making a start on the dinner

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You can't penalise the woman for the accusation as that would just scare a lot of real victims from speaking out.

if they make public accusations without going to the police though? its not this subject ofcourse, it applies to anything and defamation exists to deal with exactly this area.

it does get to me when people form this impression that thousands of women are out there trying to stitch up innocent men.

that would be the wrong impression im sure, but lets not pretend it doesnt ever happen. Why do it? who knows, protect their reputation, attention seeking? i recall a college friend that accused someone of assulting her, nearly got a few people into trouble for retribution (she came clean before the lynching). i have no idea why she did it, though looking back now alot of the things she said were made up.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Defamation normally has to change the view of the individual to a right minded person. Given the individual's location on here and previous comments made, it would be fairly simple for any lawyer to make a robust attempt at a defence.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Isnt making rape claims up classed as wasting police time or something about making a crime up, which sounds fancier than what i just said ?

Dont see how punishing someone who is found to of been making claims up would discourage people from reporting rape, if anything its discouraging making claims up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All I will say is, don't fall into the trap of thinking that there are loads of women going round making up these sort of allegations to get guys into shit. There really aren't. Not nearly as many, in fact, as instances of men forcing themselves on women simply because they're their partners, or because they let them kiss them, or because "she looked like she wanted it".

There is always a heavily misplaced sense of grievance on this (admittedly emotive) subject
I disagree that it's misplaced grievance. So you say there are more men forcing themselves on women than their are false accusations. I'm not arguing with that, but that's not relevant. We all agree that anyone forcing themselves on someone is a crime that should be punished. We're not discussing that. We're discussing the occasions where someone inflicts harm on another by making a false accusation. which is disgusting.

Had this happen to me a few months back, and even though It was 100% unfounded, and I had people spit at me in the street over it, they girl got away scott free as she'd only told friends and family, not the police therefore (apparently) not breaking the law.
Without knowing the facts, my thoughts are along the lines of emailing her to ask why she did it etc - ie, get her to admit she did it, and get proof that it didn't happen (if you don't already have proof). Then it's not your word against hers, and depending on how you feel I'd consider making a complaint or making sure that people who knew her knew they could be up for rape if they fell out with her etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isnt making rape claims up classed as wasting police time or something about making a crime up, which sounds fancier than what i just said ?

Dont see how punishing someone who is found to of been making claims up would discourage people from reporting rape, if anything its discouraging making claims up.

The 'victim' can be charged with peverting the course of justice as happened in 2006. The girl got 6 months prison.
Woman jailed for false rape claim

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Only if they actually involve the police. If they just spread rumours around the neighbourhood, then I don't believe so.

Because, much like with OJ, Michael Jackson, etc, not everyone trusts that the justice system gets it right. A woman who has been raped may see someone else's false claim and think "What if he convinces them he didn't do it, will I get in trouble for wasting police time?" or even simply "that woman made it up so they'll think I may it up".

There are already plenty of myths around rape prosecutions, that we don't really need to add more.
Rape conviction rate figures 'misleading' - Telegraph

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Our court system is based on the idea that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. We should work to make sure our prejudices as a society reflect that.
Sadly a great deal of Joe public work on the basis that there's no smoke without fire

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Our court system is based on the idea that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I once had to go the police about child abuse. The person denied everything, and as there wasn't any physical evidence it was literally my word (and the child's word) against his. He was arrested but let off, but then he went around taunting me that he was "innocent" because he hadn't been charged. As a serial criminal, his belief is that if he hasn't been caught then he's technically innocent. In my eyes, just because he wasn't charged doesn't make him innocent. Even if something goes to court, how can anyone else pass judgement when they weren't there?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I once had to go the police about child abuse. The person denied everything, and as there wasn't any physical evidence it was literally my word (and the child's word) against his. He was arrested but let off, but then he went around taunting me that he was "innocent" because he hadn't been charged.
Eesh, nasty story.
As a serial criminal, his belief is that if he hasn't been caught then he's technically innocent. In my eyes, just because he wasn't charged doesn't make him innocent. Even if something goes to court, how can anyone else pass judgement when they weren't there?
Of course someone that's let off can still be guilty. The point is though that it's not right that that person's name is dragged through the press etc, unless it is proved that they're guilty.

Dandyman

In London village.
Should be named and shamed. If a man is accused of rape and it is proved he is innocent, that man reputation is stained for life where as the woman's identity is normally withheld. Time for the law to be changed>

Possibly pedantic but courts convict if they are sure beyond reasonable doubt. I have had the experience of being on an Old Bailey jury in the 90's where we delivered a not guilty verdict on someone who was probably guilty because the evidence left too much doubt. I would not be happy trashing a woman's reputation simply because in a case of two people's version of events, a jury might be reluctant to convict if the evidence is unclear.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
might want to change what you've written in location on your profile for this thread mate!

"Location Under Your Skin... or your daughters bed."

:lol:

You should also take the person who wrote your location to court for deformation of character.

There is a certain amount of irony isn't there?

That someone who comes on here bemoaning the fact he has been falsely accused of rape has "under your daughter's bed" as his location! :lol:

It's an in-joke with a (IRL) few mates who also use NSC. Realise it might not be the best choice with the thread topic, :lolol:

Same as the guy would have got for whatever details they claimed?

That's my thought process but...

This is extremely hard to prove unless it's printed or on the web! as it's just your word against hers, that is unless you have witnesses who will give evidence.

It's boiled to down, they've told people from their school, my college etc etc. However, when I've asked about them they've gone silent.

There is always a heavily misplaced sense of grievance on this (admittedly emotive) subject, and as someone who's seen both sides of the coin through work, it does get to me when people form this impression that thousands of women are out there trying to stitch up innocent men.

I've got over it really, I bump in to this girl on a semi-regular basis and we have some friends in common, I realise she's just a bit head mental. (I mean how could I rape somebody I didn't have sex with? :annoyed::lolol:) and I haven't let it get to me. Just annoying that she gets away with it, when I've had no amount of grief over it.

P.S - Sorry, I'm only in the mood to talk about this when I'm drunk, so yeah. Rather forget it 90% of the time, however I find it interesting topic. :shrug:

Edit: Realised she might have family on her, ssssh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here