Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feelgood thread: a celebration of British eccentricity

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I am trying to find out about the chap who used to sing Rawhide and other western style songs whilst banging himself on the head with a tin tea tray.
Did all the variety shows in the 60`s.

The song was Mule Train and the guy was Bob Blackman, here he is being introduced by the late, great Tommy Cooper.

[yt]agWJ6Yw2M9g[/yt]

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Nope 1066familyman. I think Bentine can easily qualify as eccentric. Used to love those shows. Do you remember the "footprints in the sand" thing he used to do?

he was part Peruvian ............did'nt he arrange an expedition up the Amazon or something that in itself must qualify

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He's good!

He'd have to work hard though, to be as gibbering bonkers as Jesse Jackson.
Stan Unwin? Check THIS out;
(and this is a man who has apparently dreamed of a black leader in America)(not that you can hope to understand wtf he's on about anyway)

[yt]KIuimjehBvo[/yt]

Listen, Jesse was tired when he did that interview, OK ?!!!

He'd been up all night composing something profound for me to use as part of my signature on 'ere. ;)

Good post :laugh:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[yt]lxPgdpIupz8[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And to think that some people actually stoop so low as to cheat by blowing the tobacco out ! There's no place for people like that in sport !

[yt]lBJ6rmM2TMU[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not too sure to be honest if this is like the 'World' series in baseball, or if we have indeed sold out our eccentricity ? :shrug:

[yt]zW46IzEiI98[/yt]

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
steptoehouse.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The song was Mule Train and the guy was Bob Blackman, here he is being introduced by the late, great Tommy Cooper.

[yt]agWJ6Yw2M9g[/yt]

Brilliant. Well found Barrow Boy. Whatever happened to real variety. Thats quality that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here