Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Walkies!!!
_40422837_eccentric_woodhouse.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, so this is now comedy rather than just plain old eccentricity. But along with the likes of Spike Milligan, I think Michael Bentine was also a bit cuckoo. I just remember his potty time stuff from when I was a nipper as totally bizarre.

[yt]hkSPCznUze0[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nope 1066familyman. I think Bentine can easily qualify as eccentric. Used to love those shows. Do you remember the "footprints in the sand" thing he used to do?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Satan's Spawn: Alister Crowley (who's remains are buried in the Crematorium in Lewes Road)
mt1135661420.jpg

There is a plot of land in Hastings, not ten minutes from where I live that to this day remains undeveloped. It is said that Crowley's house once stood there and no one dares build on the plot ever again.

P.S. My most vivid memory, and even that is very very hazy, of Michael Bentine, is of a bit where invisible bombs seem to be landing in the sand in one of his bizarre puppets in the desert potty time thingies. Don't know if that's what you're referring to ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else clocked that weatherman on TV called Dan someone or another. He's either BBC or ITV.

Absolute fruit cake !

At the end of his 'forecast' I ain't got a clue what the weather's going to do 'cos I can't take my eyes or attention off of him. The facial expressions and gestures are a sheer joy to behold, and completely genuine too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
f***ing BINGO !!! :yahoo:

[yt]MqaUQFv_p0A[/yt]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
f*** me, Dan Corbett could give old Stanley Unwin a run for his money ! :clap:

Didn't even realise until I found this clip just how full his repertoire is.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
[yt]HhYPfJb2VVQ[/yt]

f*** me, Dan Corbett could give old Stanley Unwin a run for his money ! :clap:

Didn't even realise until I found this clip just how full his repertoire is.

He's good!

He'd have to work hard though, to be as gibbering bonkers as Jesse Jackson.
Stan Unwin? Check THIS out;
(and this is a man who has apparently dreamed of a black leader in America)(not that you can hope to understand wtf he's on about anyway)

[yt]KIuimjehBvo[/yt]

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He's good!

He'd have to work hard though, to be as gibbering bonkers as Jesse Jackson.
Stan Unwin? Check THIS out;
(and this is a man who has apparently dreamed of a black leader in America)(not that you can hope to understand wtf he's on about anyway)

[yt]KIuimjehBvo[/yt]
Jeez - I had to give up half way through that as I was losing the feeling in my legs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am trying to find out about the chap who used to sing Rawhide and other western style songs whilst banging himself on the head with a tin tea tray.
Did all the variety shows in the 60`s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here