Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feedback from the Rivals network so far.....

Premier League

Arsenal - Nothing.

Aston Villa - Nothing.

Birmingham City - Nothing.

Blackburn Rovers - Nothing.

Bolton Wanderers - One reply: "Can you not set up an online petition?"

Charlton Athletic - Nothing that made any sense.

Chelsea - Nothing.

Everton - One thread descended into a discussion on homophobia, another poster took excpetion to the fact we tried to help him compose his message and replied "I HOPE THEY BUILD A BINGO HALL ON YOUR SITE." and one other wag expressed disappointment that I wasn't talking about Stirling Albion.

Fulham - Nothing.

Leeds United - Nothing.

Leicester City - One reply: "Yer best hope is to find someone influential who supports your team. I can't imagine Prescott taking a blind bit of notice of letters from football supporters. Does Brighton still have a councillor called Nimrod Ping? And does he have a brother called Ray?"

Liverpool - One reply, titled 'I've got about 3 quid on me': "Hove Hove Hove merry Christmas."

Manchester City - Nothing.

Manchester United - Nothing.

Middlesbrough - One reply of "Here we go again........" and another wondering what influence a Boro fan living in Leeds is going to have.

Newcastle United - SUCCESS!! "Good luck with the application. I'll fire an e-mail off to the fat out of controller" They then went on to mock my username but we'll let him off.

Portsmouth - More success! Two people promising to write and one calling us mincers. What was that Meatloaf song.....?

Southampton - Two replies. One debated that Brighton & Hove was a great city (this coming from someone in SOUTHAMPTON), and the other suggested we should have gone for Shoreham Docks.

Tottenham Hotspur - One reply, advising that they had 'a few more pressing things' on their minds.

Wolves - Two positive reponses, the best being "I'll put my name down to help you lot out it's a crying shame it comes down to this. Good luck in getting your stadium , i for one will support your campaign."

So, out of twenty clubs, just THREE offered any form of support, eight had nothing consructive to say, and nine (including the top three teams in the country) didn't bother replying at all.

Is it worth checking the Division One boards?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would like to say I'm suprised but I'm not. The premiershite clubs don't give a stuff about the Nationwide league.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
best bet is to target clubs whop are either in trouble or have been....thinking of it most of them have helped already (York/Donny/WimAFC).

Premiershite clubs dont look below the bottom team, even though a vast majority of Man Ure and Arseshite fans come from down south....****s!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gareth Glover said:
I would like to say I'm suprised but I'm not. The premiershite clubs don't give a stuff about the Nationwide league.

It's not just the Premiership (and anyway, some Premiership fans are a lot worse than others), it's football fans in general. They are understandably becoming jaded with begging request after begging request, and in any case we've already asked for their help in the recent past - and for the large part got it.

What does annoy me though is when you read a response along the lines of "we all supported Fans United and how di they return the favour - they blah blah blah" (based on some experience, sometimes made up no doubt, involving one Albion fan).

It annoys me, because for the number of times I've read that, I reckon the gate at Fans United must have broken the 45,000 mark. :rolleyes:

Grendel_DCFC

Feb 5, 2004
Worthing
saw this being ignored on the Derby Rivals site:rolleyes:. Have signed your petition and added it to popside.com. Hopefully a few more Rams will sign it soon. good luck guys.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Grendel_DCFC said:
saw this being ignored on the Derby Rivals site:rolleyes:. Have signed your petition and added it to popside.com. Hopefully a few more Rams will sign it soon. good luck guys.

cheers mate...i couldnt help laughing at ur post tho :lol:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
palace fans have been quite surportive on the whole, you are bound to get a few nagative from your main rivals but most feel life would not be the same without brighton fc

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i got a positive response from the secretary at wycombe when i suggested they showed their support at the game on saturday, whether they will do anything is another matter but the response was friendly and he said he would pass it on the blokes who decide

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Have fired off an email to Prescott. After a long and very miserable drive back from last night's game, was a bit shocked when I got back to read the bad news on Falmer - made me realise that Spurs may have just humiliated ourselves in front of a nation in a way I still can't quite figure out (Only Tottenham. Only f***ing Tottenham), but it was after all just one night's disappointment (and a couple of days of derision), not the club's future potentially at stake.

Hope you get that happy ending. And that you get plenty of positive support from other clubs - there are all sorts of football fans out there, after all.

Reading down the board, though, some of you could have clutched a little less gleefully at the light relief of the Spurs-Man City fiasco, though. . . couldn't you? :(

Division 1

Bradford City - One reply: "What? In building a new ground?
Stop being so needy all the time Brighton and look at those clubs around who might cease to exist - like the position you used to be in - remember, when everyone put in for you.

I hope Safeway build on it Safeway." Nice.

Burnley - Nothing.

Cardiff City - "If you can demonstrate "the national importance of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club" I might put pen to paper on your behalf."

Coventry City - Nothing.

Crystal Palace - SUCCESS!! "Good luck seaweeds. I've written to Two Jags today on your behalf."

Crew Alex. - Nothing.

Derby County - Nothing, although further down one of their fans had already publicised the appeal.

Gillingham - My post was deleted, which was nice, but a similar thread started by Kent Seagull was greeted with abuse.

Ipswich Town - Wasn't able to post as it reckoned I wasn't signed in.

Millwall - FOURTEEN REPLIES!! Oh dear, they are all abusive. Here.

Nottingham Forest - Nothing.

Norwich City - One reply: "Better get out there and save YOUR club then - and leave us to help ours!" *sigh*

Preston NE - Nothing.

Reading - Nothing.

Rotherham United - "Much sympathy for BHA as for any team in difficulties but the national importance of Brighton?" Some people just don't get, do they?

Sheffield United - One reply from a Palace fan, username Cucking Funt. Can't be bothered to repeat it.

Stoke City - One reply to my post, again questioning the national importance of BHAFC. However, Zippy Blue (Lucky Boy Farang on here) got fourteen replies. Only one offered any support though.

Sunderland - Nothing.

Walsall - One reply: "Only if you let us have Leon Knight on a free!" How I laughed.

Watford - "Well, I'd be more than happy to.............oh, sorry, thought you needed help with a BRA. Dim of me." For f***'S SAKE.

West Brom - One response, "email sent".

West Ham United - One reply, a good 'un though: "Damn their eyes, I felt sure the stadium would go ahead!
You may count on my support for what it's worth.
A dueced good bunch of fellows the sea-gulls and in our present predicament we would do well to cry "There before the grace of god go I" before pulling up our breeches and chastising the fat fool Prescott and his bunch of pompadours. Who I might add have seen fit to turn half of Brighton into luxury flats and ghastly shopping centres benefitting the sort of stone-clad fops that I voted them in to dis-lodge. The least they could do for the common man in return for such skull-duggery is give him a suitable venue for Saturday afternoon recumberance.
Chaaaaaaarge!!!" Is Perseus also a West Ham fan?

Wigan Athletic - Nothing.

Wimbledon - "I'll be posting my letter to Two Jags later, hope it's of some use and the very best of luck to Brighton and their fans".

f*** this, I'll check ther others tomorrow. Don't hold out much hope though.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
What did you expect from the pricks that inhabit the Rivals sites?

Some are ok (I mean i post on our site) but very few.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Lush said:
Don't get down hearted people. It is only Rivals. I am getting great responses from friends who are spreading the word among their friends in a chain letter kind of way.

I have truly come to the conclusion that for the best part we are in this on our own and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

The chairmen and managers of most clubs will lend their support. Some fans will too but why bother trying to recruit the help of people who clearly don't give a f*** whether BHAFC dies or not.

Reading their comments only makes us feel like shit and now I think I'm going to treat other club's sites in the same way I treat the newspapers of this country-by ignoring them.

At the end of the day it's our fight so let's make it that.

In a way I can almost see where they're coming from. They're probably 'please help us out' weary in the same way some of us are charity fatigued.

It would have been great for a few of the clubs to show some compassion but the majority haven't. Big Deal. There are enough people around who care for the Albion, care whether we survive-better to get them on board rather than expending our energies firstly chasing help from other clubs and then when they get offensive we waste energy again.

If they don't want to help and use the opportunity to spout their homophbic nonsense then they aren't worthy of our time in asking them for their support. f*** 'em!

We'll win this. With or without others' help! If we expect no help from outsiders we won't feel disappointed but if people help us of the own volition then we'll be delighted.

Seagulls!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
seems the punkers I tried to get through too believe that:

a) football sucks so why should they bother
b) we should'nt of sold our ground in the first place
c) we should'nt build on a natural beauty site
d) "this is for music not football"

seems to be the trend of people saying "well it serves you right for selling your ground!" when they dont know the full story, and I aint in the mood to go into one f*** off long rant explaining it all!

Of 10 or so responses only 1 positive one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here