Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feedback from the Rivals network so far.....

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I've tried and tried with Plymouth, but they don't seem to care at all. Their fans are pleased coz they think it will help them get promoted. Even their official site haven't been bothered to get it on there.:angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don't worry about fans from other clubs anymore-it'll only use your energy up that would be put to better use.

We have to face the fact that we are unimportant to a great many followers of other clubs who are sitting quite comfortably right now. As the saying goes "What goes around, comes around". Their time will come....

Let's win this bloody fight 'cos I'm starting to get weary of it all.

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Good points. I think I'm off to bed now, long day tomorrow(today I guess).

Things to be done:

1. Email people at the club to see about players and staff in the sit in.
2. Emails to media people about what's happening on Saturday.
3. Figure out what's actually happening on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Make banners.
5. Give out flyers with Biscuit.
6. Win the quiz and get very drunk!:drink:

Keep up the good work everyone

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Rivals sucks...I mean, it spawns people like Gillinghamtillidie or whatever his name is.

Why not go to every official site and post on there (although registering for every site is bleedin annoying)

What might be an idea is to have a form letter, make dozens of copies, then take them to games and get people to sign them. Could this work? Letters from fans all over the country, stating the clubs they support.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very good response in general on the Reading fans site (hob nob). Not sure about the others though.

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Problem is despite what many of you seem to think football is still very tribal and a lot of fans don't like BHA because they think that we think we are some kind of big club the classic sleeping giant.

We also have a bit of a rep when it comes to hooliganism and being bullies among the lower two divisions supporters particulary.

Think we will get some support from people similar to those that use this board regularly at other clubs but I am not suprised by many of the negative reactions maybe we used up all our sympathy with fans united.

Some football fans may be a little sympathetic but most could not give a f*** about any club but their own.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I tend to agree with SM's point.

I have had the " we'll never play you again" chant we were so pleased to dish out thrown back in my face from most of the opposing fans sites I have been on.

I was quite surprised just how much we are hated!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Try the personal tack. I've e-mailed people I know - football fans but perhaps not quite as keen as me - to explain just how much the club means to me.

I'm getting some great responses back - e-mails sent, letters written, e-mail forwarded to people in their address book.

Funnily enough, the armchair fans, who perhaps aren't as tired of all this as the internet messageboard users, are really interested and keen to help.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Bwian said:
Don't worry about fans from other clubs anymore-it'll only use your energy up that would be put to better use.

We have to face the fact that we are unimportant to a great many followers of other clubs who are sitting quite comfortably right now. As the saying goes "What goes around, comes around". Their time will come....

Let's win this bloody fight 'cos I'm starting to get weary of it all.

Plymouth's official message board has been very helpful. Their fans are top drawer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
GUNTER said:
Plymouth's official message board has been very helpful. Their fans are top drawer.

I was thinking mainly about the likes of Rivals type places and to be fair it isn't hard to see why some of these people are not too friendly towards us.

Every club has its moronic minority, including us, but the few dictate how the many are perceived in the eyes of strangers when they invade boards for a bit of sabre rattling/gloating/etc. Not all people can see these idiots are in the minority.

Maybe some lessons to be learned for when this is all over...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here