Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feed the Goat-face

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Dear god I've heard it all now, his ball skills and holding up ability is shocking. But he is a fox in the box and proven goal poacher, which we've needed for a very long time.

That sums it up pretty accurately I think.

NEGATIVES.................His first touch and general control tonight was poor and his tackling/challenging/sheilding and holding-up of the ball were not good.

POSITIVES..................Positional play and vision for his goal and his pass for Bennett's goal

Bit of a marmite player but I have a feeling he will improve from where he is now and will score more goals than he misses - mostly from 2 yards or closer I suspect.

I would play him alongside Murray as he will benefit from his game but I'm not so sure whether he could play well alongside Wood. Similar player to Barnes in striking terms but more clinical and not as effective chasing back

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The ball he put through for Bennett was superbly weighted and a decent skill. Sparrow tried the same ball for Calderon and overhit it. Some people are never satisfied and Sandaza is always going to be crap no matter how many goals he scores. Compared to Murray tonight, and he missed a couple of sitters, Sandaza looks a better bet to score goals.

Brilliant ball for Benno's goal :clap:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is incredible. ???

He scored, fair play to him, it was well taken and he got into a good position. No arguments about that, it was a well taken goal. But every time he got the ball, he lost it. He tried a couple of dribbles and was outwitted by EvoStik Premier league defenders every time. What game were people watching?! He looks a truly awful player.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is incredible. ???

He scored, fair play to him, it was well taken and he got into a good position. No arguments about that, it was a well taken goal. But every time he got the ball, he lost it. He tried a couple of dribbles and was outwitted by EvoStik Premier league defenders every time. What game were people watching?! He looks a truly awful player.

Everytime he had the ball he lost it yet he scored a goal and got a sublime assist? :facepalm:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is incredible. ???

Have to agree with Ninja Elephant on this, everytime he runs at the defender with the ball he hasen't got a clue and ends up losing it.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
There's more to it than that, isn't there? Surely we've got to have higher standards than this if we want to be a Championship club.

No, there isn't more to it than that - there have been many excellent strikers out there in the past who were invisible during games, but always popped up with a goal at some point... he is clearly a poacher, and we havent had one of those for a very long time...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sandazza = Pinamonte

:bowdown: I couldn't remember the name.

Pinamonte looked amazing against Exeter that day, absolutely amazing. But the rest of his games? Anyone who saw them will know the answer. Sandaza is a temporary fix and if he keeps scoring goals then I'm happy enough, but I think we should be looking for a higher standard of player. People talk about Le Fondre and Austin, but then they're happy with Sandaza who contributes nothing for 89 minutes but pops up with a goal in the other 1 minute. Standards are very low at this football club still, and that baffles me.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
What did Lineker contribute for England apart from score goals from inside the penalty area?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:bowdown: I couldn't remember the name.

Pinamonte looked amazing against Exeter that day, absolutely amazing. But the rest of his games? Anyone who saw them will know the answer. Sandaza is a temporary fix and if he keeps scoring goals then I'm happy enough, but I think we should be looking for a higher standard of player. People talk about Le Fondre and Austin, but then they're happy with Sandaza who contributes nothing for 89 minutes but pops up with a goal in the other 1 minute. Standards are very low at this football club still, and that baffles me.

What I find more baffling is your need to prefix verbs and adverbs with 'absolutely' in nearly every single one of your posts :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Probably a very good point, but I'm not in a position to judge.

I've nothing against Sandaza, he's scored 3 important goals for us already. But he's not a good player, and he's not good enough to play for us in the long term in my opinion. We should be looking for a better standard of player than him, and hopefully we'll find a striker in january to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here