Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federico Turienzo - signed !

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
munster monch said:
I wonder if LI is as voiciferous at these public events as he is on a keyboard.

Does anyone actually know him or would anyone think they might have spotted him at such an event?

Surely he wears a Tribly with a card sticking out of the band saying "PRESS"

Yorkie said:
And the fact that Argentinians have a nickname for themselves - Seagulls.

Apparently Turienzo was gobsmacked when he saw that and our kit. :lolol:

and we do wear the nearest thing to a argie shirt

Stumpy Tim

Dick Knights Mum said:
Yes - what does LI think he is doing going to a club event listening to the manager, reporting his comments back in detail, and giving a view.

We don't want want informed opinion.

Merely commenting that LI's opinion never ever ever differs from McGhee's DKM. That's just my informed opinion

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Cheers for summing up what was said at the AGM LI. Looking at the positives coming out of that i'm even more excited about the first match at Derby! Roll on Aug 6th!

Grizz

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks LI... very encouraging stuff from MM...

Now, all we need is a keeper, lb and cd... I've been banging on about this for weeks, and MM said as much on Seagulls World... he also mentioned that he would like to sign another CD (2 in total) and a winger... if we managed that little lot, and these players came through for the team, then I might have to revise my prediction for next season upwards to mid-table mediocrity...

Oh no!... I'm begining to sound almost as optimistic as Yorkie!...

Stumpy Tim said:
LI agrees with McGhee shock. Let's face it, you wouldn't question him if he fielded a fart up front

I didn't agree with his selection of McPhee up front at the end of the season and said so on here. It's a shame you're reduced to these idiotic comments these days ST, I used to look foward to reading your point of view.

Stumpy Tim said:
Merely commenting that LI's opinion never ever ever differs from McGhee's DKM. That's just my informed opinion

Not as informed as you obviously think, alas.

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
I didn't agree with his selection of McPhee up front at the end of the season and said so on here. It's a shame you're reduced to these idiotic comments these days ST, I used to look foward to reading your point of view.

Not as informed as you obviously think, alas.

why don't you answer my questions on CKR's actual position?

the full harris said:
why don't you answer my questions on CKR's actual position?

Because I'm at work and my line manager objects to me spending my ENTIRE time on NSC? Patience petal, you haven't been ignored. :kiss:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
Because I'm at work and my line manager objects to me spending my ENTIRE time on NSC? Patience petal, you haven't been ignored. :kiss:

ooh goodie, I can't wait, be brutal with me, I like it. ;)

the full harris said:
I was under the impression (from reading Bury boards etc.) that CKR was best played as an attacking midfielder, so I assumed in a Leon/Colin partnership up front it would be Leon who was the more out and out striker and Kazim Richards would be the link between midfield and attack? What have I missed?

I kept reading that CKR's best position is 'in the hole' and so presumed that when Turienzo, Knight and CKR all played it would be in a 4-3-1-2 type formation?

Well, McGhee certainly seemed to describe Kazza as an out-and-out striker, someone happier leading the line facing goal. Make of that what you will.

Re. how Leon and Kazza play together, you could be right in terms of Leon playing higher up, we'll have to see.

What I've seen in pre-season is Kazza looking far happier as our centre forward because he has the strength to outmuscle defenders and make that vital yard or two room to shoot for goal. That was Leon's big problem last season as he got closed down too quickly and I'm not sure much has changed.

But we will certainly start with their partnership but McGhee is going to be busting a gut to get our Argie in - so pressure on Leon and Kazza.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here