Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Federer v Murray

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Nothing wrong with Andy Murray showing his emotions during the post-match interview.

Crying doesn't make you any less of a man.Chin up Andy, you'll win a Grand Slam title soon.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think it's the English people cheering for a jock that's a bit stupid....

So Scottish people never cheered for Henman? People were happy to cheer for Rusedski too (including me) and he was Canadian. As far as I am concerned any Brit who wins a Grand Slam will stop people like Federer smugly saying that we haven't won one for "150,000 years or something" as he did on Friday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nothing wrong with Andy Murray showing his emotions during the post-match interview.

Crying doesn't make you any less of a man.Chin up Andy, you'll win a Grand Slam title soon.

The irony is it will probably be the same people criticising him for crying as were saying before that he shows no emotion ever. Poor guy can't win.

Overall, great effort by Andy to get to the final playing some of the best tennis of his career. Couldn't beat the best player ever but there is no shame in that. Probably should have won the third but it is incredible how Federer ups his game when he has his back to the wall. It will happen for Murray I am sure but in the meantime he can console himself that he has moved back to number 3 in the world, not bad for a "useless jock".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oh not this one again!

The reporter was taking the piss out of Scotland failing to qualify, by saying something along the lines of "How well do you think Scotland are going to do in the World Cup?", knowing full well they had failed to qualify. The reporter then asked who he was going to support and he joined in on the joke saying "Anyone but England".

Suddenly the cretinous red tops are claiming he has a Paraguay shirt and then all the brainless retards in the country started sending him hate mail.

Truly pathetic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exactly, I count myself as ENGLISH not British, hence why I can't fathom supporting the Scots/Welsh/Irish.

It's quite simple. I count myself as English. However, in tennis terms we all compete under the same flag. Hence in tennis there is no such thing as English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish, we are all British. I don't quite see what is so hard to understand about that. In football, cricket, rugby etc I support England (although I do want the other home nations to do well in football) and in the Olympics, tennis etc I support Britain.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Oh not this one again!

The reporter was taking the piss out of Scotland failing to qualify, by saying something along the lines of "How well do you think Scotland are going to do in the World Cup?", knowing full well they had failed to qualify. The reporter then asked who he was going to support and he joined in on the joke saying "Anyone but England".

Suddenly the cretinous red tops are claiming he has a Paraguay shirt and then all the brainless retards in the country started sending him hate mail.

Truly pathetic.

While taking the piss out of Scotland.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's quite simple. I count myself as English. However, in tennis terms we all compete under the same flag. Hence in tennis there is no such thing as English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish, we are all British. I don't quite see what is so hard to understand about that. In football, cricket, rugby etc I support England (although I do want the other home nations to do well in football) and in the Olympics, tennis etc I support Britain.

Its quite simple really isnt it.

Shame some just dont understand.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I count myself as ENGLISH not British, hence why I can't fathom supporting the Scots/Welsh/Irish.

So do you chalk off any outstanding, medal-winning performance achieved by a non-English, British athlete then?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Oh not this one again!

Truly pathetic.

I'm only telling you why people don't like him.

Its the same whenever the welsh or irish do well at anything.

Thats why we don't have the Football Home Championships anymore - its stirs up too many feelings

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Exactly, I count myself as ENGLISH not British, hence why I can't fathom supporting the Scots/Welsh/Irish.

So why comment on a tennis thread with is a BRITISH sport there is no England Scotland or Wales, Davis Cup is a BRITISH team, do you watch the Olympics and cheer on BRITISH athletes or only English, did you go and support Crystal Palace when McGhee was manager or of course now were have a manager from so far away you would need an atlas to find his country of birth

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Couldn't have a sweaty winning at tennis - it's just not cricket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here