Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fed up with those bloody trumpets already!!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Horrible racket, I REALLY hope we don't get them over here. They sound like hornets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
anyone think it will drown out the england fans?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
They're okay, I stop noticing after a while. It's pretty annoying when you're seeing highlights and short sections of matches when the noise kicks up though!

Also, let's be honest - the atmosphere at these matches seems a bit shit with everyone blowing horns instead of singing. Give me a crowd who can actually sing any day. The foreign fans who actually want to get behind their countries in the stadiums will find it pretty annoying.

Do you reckon they'll drown out the f***ing England band playing the Great Escape for the 367,397th time though?

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
Its typical of all matches in africa.

Its like on big noisy dance party - game can be a 9-8 thriller or a 0-0 bore draw - party goes on regardless. :shootself :US:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone notice the lovely 2-3 minutes SILENCE from them immediately after mexico equalised. Ahhhh.

FIFA have stated they will NOT ban the vuvuzelas from the tournament unless they are thrown on the pitch.
Barmy Army - you know what to do.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was driving at 3 o'clock, so I thought I'd listen to the game on the radio.

What a bloody racket. I couldn't figure out what was going on at all, so I gave up after 20 minutes and stuck a CD on instead. f***ing stupid horns.

Oh, for the sultry summer romanticism of Italia '90. :(

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Takes something away from the atmosphere, I hope we can here the England Fans over those feckin things. Makes me think i have just come out of a loud gig or i have tinnitus :(

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Anyone notice the lovely 2-3 minutes SILENCE from them immediately after mexico equalised. Ahhhh.

FIFA have stated they will NOT ban the vuvuzelas from the tournament unless they are thrown on the pitch.
Barmy Army - you know what to do.

Yeah good wasnt it?

And there you have the answer score loads of goals and shut them up :thumbsup:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I wonder if you are getting the same sound feed that we are here, cos the Vuvu's definately did not shut up after Mexico scored. A few less being blown, but they were still going.

The annoying part is that you can hardly hear the crowd oohhing and aahhing and singing. Other than that I think they are fine.

Sorry Simster, but I think they will be a feature of every match.

The most annoying thing I thought was the anthems. Nkosi Sikelele, like most anthems, is awesome sung unaccompanied or with the music in the background and all we could hear was the bloody tannoy - could not hear the crowd at all. Shame.

Other than that, I think SA surprised a few people in the second half and a pretty successful start to the tournament all round. Hoorah!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here