Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feckin Away Members Scheme

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
You have to be careful looking at those sorts of games because a lot of fans there, were based in the North and didn't flog their way 'up' country.

There were some intrepid travellors; Turkey, Fatboy, Filthy, Fran Hagarty, etc come to mind but for some of us it only took just over an hour to get there and no more.

A handful of exiles in the north is hardly the same as when we play at somewhere like QPR where every day tripper that is scared to go north of Watford comes out for the day.

My point is those that go the most deserve priority on the tickets.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i dont know why people are getting so passionate about this! Im with berkshire! It does cut the away support by 10-15%. I dont have the time to sign up a non-albion supporter to the AMS just for the sake of one game! Come later in the season i have to uni mates at coventry and nottingham, does that mean i'll have to sign them up too to be guaranteed a ticket!

No matter what u say the scheme is good in parts, like u can gurantee a ticket if you cant get to the shop andbuy one, but its shit if you wanna bring a mate! I aint gonna sign up everyone i know to the scheme on the off chance they might go to one other game!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Ive just come to the conclusion that if im ever bringing a friend to the game, dont go through the AMS.

Ive got my too tickets for sat. :clap2: AMS :salute:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i joined a few non albion mates for various games and as im not from brighton only one mate and brother go sometimes (they are brighton fans) which means i dont go as often as i would like as dont wanna be billy no mates.

but wen a london game comes up then i can usually count on a few mates being up for a laugh and a drink

thus i have about 6 ams names i can use

im sure there are people who are ams but not going who would let you apply under their name

so bb if u need one of those names let me know

i think thats the solution on this one

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
dannyboy said:
i joined a few non albion mates for various games and as im not from brighton only one mate and brother go sometimes (they are brighton fans) which means i dont go as often as i would like as dont wanna be billy no mates.

but wen a london game comes up then i can usually count on a few mates being up for a laugh and a drink

thus i have about 6 ams names i can use

im sure there are people who are ams but not going who would let you apply under their name

so bb if u need one of those names let me know

i think thats the solution on this one
cheers mate, thats good to know! i'll keep that in mind! luckily ive scrapped two tickets now:clap2:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Yorkie said:
You have to be careful looking at those sorts of games because a lot of fans there, were based in the North and didn't flog their way 'up' country.

There were some intrepid travellors; Turkey, Fatboy, Filthy, Fran Hagarty, etc come to mind but for some of us it only took just over an hour to get there and no more.

Yorkie, shhhhhhhhhhhh :lolol:

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
Is there anyone else who thinks the term "just a tenner" is a little dismissive? Or is this a particularly affluent message board? Yes it is for life and I have no problem with it, but there are people who would go to a game as a one off and will be inclined to forget about it if there is the cost of a ticket AND a tenner. I very much doubt if the effect on away support is anywhere near 10-15% loss, but any loss being scoffed at because they are "tight" or "moaning" is surely not good.

Or would anyone like to say on the record that we do not need any more fans?

Also, does anybody know what other teams have this scheme, and what costs they have?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Bozza said:
(Apologies to all the right-minded folk out there)

Why don't you just f*** off you stupid ****, you really have no idea. As you were so keen to tell all of us - you weren't coming to games any more - so why do you care where your mates watch the game from?
You supposed to be a moderator ha ha what a joke you are.
How many games is erelivant to this topic,so how about you shut your big fat mouth you twat and f*** right off.

Who the f*** do you think you are larging it on the net,get a life and how you are a moderator is beyond belief.

twat :drink: :salute:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Berkshire

Bozza pays for this site. It is his site so he is entitled to be a moderator on his own site

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Don't give a shit yorkie im not having any **** speak to me that way exspecially on the net.Modearators should not speak to members in that way regardless and to the point the AMS is bollocks full stop.

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
berkshire seagull said:
Don't give a shit yorkie im not having any **** speak to me that way exspecially on the net.Modearators should not speak to members in that way regardless and to the point the AMS is bollocks full stop.

So its ok for you to speak to people in that way but not the person who actually owns the site...................

TWAT !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
berkshire seagull said:

Your resignation is accepted, reluctantly.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, as far as the AMS is concerned its a matter of you pays your money and makes your choice. There are sound and legitimate reasons for it as has been said over and over again.

It's unfortunate that the casual supporter is penalised but it's partly by virture of the fact that the are casual rather than regular travelling support the this situation arises.

We are far from being the only club with an AMS and with us it's a one off payment rather than an annual one. If you think our AMS is a pain try being a Millwall fan, not every Millwall fan is a thug and you'll notice that since they clamped down their incidences of crowd trouble are now neglidable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here