Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feckin Away Members Scheme

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have just rang the ticket office, they confirmed that Reading tickets are only available to AMS members and 1 per member, however, he did mention there is a possibility you might be able to pay on the day.
Apparently we have sold just over 3000 tickets out of an allocation of 4400.
Any remaining tickets left on Friday will be sent back to Reading to either sell on the day Albion fans, or if the demand is there, be sold to Reading fans.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
brighton rock said:
what a skin flint ,its only £10 and you never know for some stupid reason she might want to go again one day

aint the money u fuckin plank! its the time setting it up, surely id is required! i dont carry her fuckin id with me! ur all a bunch of *****!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
and so it should'nt, just because someone goes to all games of the season does'nt mean they should get first dibs, other people may not be able to go to any games for any reason yet are desperate to get a ticket....what happens when its first dibs to "priority" members and it gets sold out.....not fair then!

First come first served is simplest IMO

Of course loyalty should mean priority.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
so i can fill in the AMS form and thats it?and then send the tenner!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Of course loyalty should mean priority.

well thinking about it yes it does in a way, my argument is for the those that simply cannot get to all or most matches but would LOVE to and can only get to the odd match and say if that match is a big match then why should they have to miss out for prioritys seats? Its a catch 22 thing almost, simply put you can please everyone so someone has to suffer :)

yes brighton_b0y

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
counter-pr[]k said:
other clubs like shef wensday have to pay £10 every season so i think were luky
i think we're LUCKY too:dunce:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
CrabtreeBHA said:
not sure of all the reasons but heres a couple:

Safety, I think the FA or someone deemed it better to have secure numbers at matches to avoid a possible repeat of the Hillsborough diasaster.

Hooligans, somehow they can keep better track of them or something?! ??? f*** knows!

i cant see how the hooligans can be keep track of as the club dont keep a record of what games you go to.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
well thinking about it yes it does in a way, my argument is for the those that simply cannot get to all or most matches but would LOVE to and can only get to the odd match and say if that match is a big match then why should they have to miss out for prioritys seats? Its a catch 22 thing almost, simply put you can please everyone so someone has to suffer :)

You are never going to please everyone, but I do feel those that flog their way up to Grimsby on Valentines Day and places like Chesterfield on a Tuesday do deserve priority over those that go to South East games and nothing else.

Interestingly Englandfans have gone down a route of giving 70% of tickets on loyalty and 30% via a ballot. This in theory seems like a fair way of distributing the tickets, as in theory everyone has a chance, but it is still criticised, mainly because the FA seem to rig the ballot.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
It takes 2 minutes to fill in an AMS form. You can even do it using the wonderful world of computers - you can e-mail the application.

You then have an extra membership available FOR LIFE.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The ams is a joke and has nothing good about it,so why should we pay a tenner as if its that much of a prob the club should just have our details etc and give it free.

How many clubs have this? maybe a few at most
Why should we have to pay a tenner to introduce new people to the club i.e friends etc? say no more

This scheme ruins a lads day out as all want to be in the same end etc,so in my book i can't recall why it is needed as all clubs have hooligans and yet where is there ams mmmmm.

Just another money making scheme full stop as they could have given us it for free so easily if it wasn't.

Glad to see the back of it as many people i usually take with me can't be arsed because of this shite scheme.:smokin:

berkshire seagull said:
Glad to see the back of it as many people i usually take with me can't be arsed because of this shite scheme.:smokin:
And if you want to take these people to Reading on Saturday, it looks like you can.

Unless we have sold out our allocation before Friday. In which case they ain't gonna get in with you.

I really can't see what the problem is. Join the AMS scheme and for, almost EVERY away game, you're guaranteed to get a ticket if you apply when they first go on sale. Don't join the AMS and you're at the back of the queue.

If unsold tickets aren't available on the day, because the Albion's opponents decide not to sell them on the gate, you miss out. But why blame the Albion for this?

Seems a fair system to me.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lord Bracknell said:
And if you want to take these people to Reading on Saturday, it looks like you can.

Unless we have sold out our allocation before Friday. In which case they ain't gonna get in with you.

I really can't see what the problem is. Join the AMS scheme and for, almost EVERY away game, you're guaranteed to get a ticket if you apply when they first go on sale. Don't join the AMS and you're at the back of the queue.

If unsold tickets aren't available on the day, because the Albion's opponents decide not to sell them on the gate, you miss out. But why blame the Albion for this?

Seems a fair system to me.
Yes but the point is that one game and most who i no included my bro will be in the reading end.

This is a put off full stop and why do we have to pay when other clubs who get far more trouble don't have such a scheme,you get people out the blue who want to go,but he sorry you can't you have to pay a tenner for our ams scheme.I can tell ya it cuts our away following by a good 10-15%+ thats for sure.

The posotive is supposed to be stopping crowd trouble,but in that case every club should have one.:drink:

seagull in ireland

Dec 10, 2003
grat scheme allows the like of me,living in ireland to plan to get to games,book time off,book my plane ticket,and wait for my ticket to arrive,always in good time.when i rang the club to find out if there was anythingthey could do if my ticket arrived late for reading,they told me to ring them on friday,and they would arrange for me to collect a duplicate at reading.great scheme whats a tenner for a life membership?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brighton b0y you are always moaning and expecting someone else to do your running around for you.

How many times have Locky and I pulled out the stops for you to go to games and get tickets for you.

Get Lucy on the AMS, pay your £10 and stop whinging

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Quote from Uncle Buck

You are never going to please everyone, but I do feel those that flog their way up to Grimsby on Valentines Day and places like Chesterfield on a Tuesday do deserve priority over those that go to South East games and nothing else.

Are you having a dig! Some of us have to work the occasional Saturday!:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
berkshire seagull said:
Yes but the point is that one game and most who i no included my bro will be in the reading end.

This is a put off full stop and why do we have to pay when other clubs who get far more trouble don't have such a scheme,you get people out the blue who want to go,but he sorry you can't you have to pay a tenner for our ams scheme.I can tell ya it cuts our away following by a good 10-15%+ thats for sure.

The posotive is supposed to be stopping crowd trouble,but in that case every club should have one.:drink:

(Apologies to all the right-minded folk out there)

Why don't you just f*** off you stupid ****, you really have no idea. As you were so keen to tell all of us - you weren't coming to games any more - so why do you care where your mates watch the game from?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
(Apologies to all the right-minded folk out there)

Why don't you just f*** off you stupid ****, you really have no idea. As you were so keen to tell all of us - you weren't coming to games any more - so why do you care where your mates watch the game from?

No need to apologise Bozza.

I have been saying the same thing for a while now, just not quite in the same way.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:

You have to be careful looking at those sorts of games because a lot of fans there, were based in the North and didn't flog their way 'up' country.

There were some intrepid travellors; Turkey, Fatboy, Filthy, Fran Hagarty, etc come to mind but for some of us it only took just over an hour to get there and no more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here