Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FDM - time to get rid?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is it time to get rid of our former dutch marine, for a former sas type marine he doesn't seem too fit . Get rid?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
get rid if we can get Blayney and Henderson signed.

He is a sick note as much as i like him, goes from one injury to the next, and is no doubt on a fair bit of wedge.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Marshy said:
get rid if we can get Blayney and Henderson signed.

He is a sick note as much as i like him, goes from one injury to the next, and is no doubt in a fair bit of wedge.

Yes FDM out if we get Henderson

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Goring Gull said:
Is it time to get rid of our former dutch marine, for a former sas type marine he doesn't seem too fit . Get rid?
No.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I can supply you with a former SAS type - trouble is he's f***ing awful as a goalkeeper and slightly mentally unbalanced. That's why he's "former"! I can guarantee that he would never lose a one-on-one......

Of course we shouldn't get rid of FDM - he is just coming back from injury, training up to full strength, and should still be a bloody good keeper. After a few run outs in the reserves they can make a better judgement, and perhaps offload one of our 27 keepers that we seem to be collecting......

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
He spends more time injuerd than in the team, waste of wages could be better spent elsewhere.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
NO!!!!!!!
shall we get rid of Hinsh as he's had a slight injury setback and obviously will never play again.
fuckin pleb :censored:

He has missed at least half the games in 3 of the last 4 seasons - not really a slight injury problem.
But of course double standards rule on this site and it was ok for people to call for Roberts head for the same reason.

Last edited:

Bit harsh but I suppose a fair comment Goring Gull. However as his contract runs for another season and a half (I seem to remember reading somewhere) we don't have a lot of choice.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
When is his contract up?

No team will take a crocked keeper, so get him fit if possible and see how he compares to whoever the alternatives are.

If he loses his battle against injury claim on the insurance and pay him off.

Theres no point booting out whether even if you dont rate him because we dont know how much Villa want for Henderson or Harry the spiv wants for Blaney and if we can afford that fee.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
FDM is a legend and will be with us as long as he has a contract.

If he cant regain fitness then hell have to go at the end of that but even if we got rid now wed still have to pay his wages for a year and a half.

You say he has missed games over the last 3 years kinky but most of that was due to a CAR CRASH! hardly down to poor fitness. The latest injury was horror shoulder damage where the muscle ripped off his bone, give the bloke a chance.

As for Roberts he always had a dodgy back, but he was still given plenty of time and his contract was honoured.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Goring Gull said:
He spends more time injuerd than in the team, waste of wages could be better spent elsewhere.

What a load of bollox's.

He's been out for long periods twice, once because he nearly got killed in a car crash. Secondly, he put goal saving challenge in and promptly detached a couple of muscles in his shoulder, which I am led to believe by an orthopedic nurse is f**king bad. But then again, they shoot horses don't they ..

To echo Hampshire, being a roughty toughty marine doesn't exclude you from injuries. Having worked with people of this ilk I most certainly wouldn't take this p**s, as having my knackers torn off a served up as a starter isn't my idea of fun.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Deportivo Seagull said:
What a load of bollox's.

He's been out for long periods twice, once because he nearly got killed in a car crash. Secondly, he put goal saving challenge in and promptly detached a couple of muscles in his shoulder, which I am led to believe by an orthopedic nurse is f**king bad. But then again, they shoot horses don't they ..

To echo Hampshire, being a roughty toughty marine doesn't exclude you from injuries. Having worked with people of this ilk I most certainly wouldn't take this p**s, as having my knackers torn off a served up as a starter isn't my idea of fun.

did his knee up in Norwich

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Albion Dan said:
You say he has missed games over the last 3 years kinky but most of that was due to a CAR CRASH! hardly down to poor fitness. The latest injury was horror shoulder damage where the muscle ripped off his bone, give the bloke a chance.

As for Roberts he always had a dodgy back, but he was still given plenty of time and his contract was honoured.

The year we got relegated he did miss a few games at the beginning of that season due to injury. He came back, then tore those muscles in his leg in January at Norwich and missed the rest of the season. The play off year you are right he missed a chunk due to the car crash and then could not get back in due to the form of Roberts. This injury with his shoulder looks like it is going to keep him out for the best part of 12 months.

Whilst he is under contract we do stand by him and if during this time he cannot come back, then there is the insurance pay out.

In fairness to him he never seems to get niggling injuries, just a series of serious ones, so I guess he can be classed as unlucky.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Dan said:
FDM is a legend and will be with us as long as he has a contract.

If he cant regain fitness then hell have to go at the end of that but even if we got rid now wed still have to pay his wages for a year and a half.

Knee
crash
shoulder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here