Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
And before an FCUM (they've even adopted a catchy Mnemonic already ooh get them!) even tries to draw a comparison between the Albion and our struggle, don't even bother. We decided to stay and fight for our club and its proud history and in the end we won because the overwhelming majority of Albion fans were behind the cause. You on the other hand are a minority group who chose to leave and fight whatever your cause is and start all over again somewhere else - well in my book that spells defeat so spare me the details of your proud and righteous cause and do one.

This...it is far harder to fight your cause from the outside looking in, better to be inside where the action is and you can influence the outcome...I bet the Glaziers were laughing when you lot poked off and formed another club...that is why Albion fans stuck around, rolled their sleeves up and got on with it...they didn't run off and form FC Albion of Brighton and play home games in Crawley!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But I think the club will give them the extra 5% if they look like selling out the 10%. they got caught out by Woking who actually would have fitted on the away end as their sales fell flat. I don't see the harm in the club trying to protect the family and East stand regulars. I can guarantee some moaned about being moved last time.

Wouldn't most of the Family Stand-ers prefer to be in the South Stand?

Don't they only go in the Family Stand as that's where the cheap tickets are with an added bonus of there being other kiddy-folk.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Not sure why we're not giving 15%, but in terms of selling their allocation, a Brighton based Man Utd fan mentioned to me he wanted to go.

They could easily sell it because they are Man Utd II. I'm sure the original founders had high ideals, but for the southern Man Utd fans, they are just a second Man Utd team to support. Nothing to do with ideals.

As a fan of St. Pauli, I know I should be more positive about FCUM, but I didn't hear good things about their visit to Rochdale from someone who was there.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
845 should be enough tickets. It equates to half their average home attendance.

It will be a test of their initiative to get into the home end, a bit like a quiz. Good luck to 'em.

I never thought I'd see the day when folk were fighting to get in to Withdean:lol:

The 6,500 Villa allocated us last season was MORE than our average home attendance and still didn't meet demand .
Give 'em the full 15% I say .

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What has happened to us ? If we have to give them 15% let's just show them a bit of respect and give them 15%. Their situation was vastly different to ours - any football person has got to respect what they have done. All that is slightly amusing is it is like they have discovered the lost tribes of the Amazon in their attitiude to non-leage football. It was always there lads .............

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
What has happened to us ? If we have to give them 15% let's just show them a bit of respect and give them 15%. Their situation was vastly different to ours - any football person has got to respect what they have done. All that is slightly amusing is it is like they have discovered the lost tribes of the Amazon in their attitiude to non-leage football. It was always there lads .............
Just goes to show different levels of intelligence
It take some longer then others to see the light but most get there in the end:bowdown:

we are not asking for respect that has to be earned

All we are asking for is a bit of fair play we don't see why we should get any less tickets then Woking we are not asking for any more then they had

Had Woking only been given 845 tickets then there would have been no problem

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I can't believe there is so much anti FCUM comment on NSC.

1. They didn't like what Murdoch/Glazers/Edwards had done to their club.
2. They did something about it.
3. They have a club to support, anyone who goes to ONE match with FCUM will understand what it is all about, which is enjoying yourself at football.

Spot on. And no excuse for not giving 15%, none whatsoever. Pompey got 15% at Southampton last year, it can't be more of a security risk than that game. Shame on the Albion/police, whoever's to blame. Someone needs a kick up the arse.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Here's another angle - if their support base is die hard fans then it will probaly include a whole bunch of "I've been to every ground" poindexters for whom this is their last opportunity to visit the Theatre of Trees and tick it off their list. As such a total boycott is not really going to happen is it.
I also find it quite amusing that for both the 1st 2 rounds of ther FA Cup we are the tallest poppy who all but our own fans want to see lose, when for a decade plus a considerable proportion of English football fans have carried a soft spot for us after all our hardship.
Personally I think the more of them the merrier, that's what the FA Cup is all about after all, a big day out at a larger club you'll probably never play again.

would have ranked The Albion now a lrgefans r considered the ta
of

But I think the club will give them the extra 5% if they look like selling out the 10%. they got caught out by Woking who actually would have fitted on the away end as their sales fell flat. I don't see the harm in the club trying to protect the family and East stand regulars. I can guarantee some moaned about being moved last time.

Bollocks, we were all delighted to get a much better view for the same price!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Can't be bothered to read all this, but the ticket office said yesterday that the allocation has been restricted on police instruction as there was trouble at rochdale.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Can't be bothered to read all this, but the ticket office said yesterday that the allocation has been restricted on police instruction as there was trouble at rochdale.

Thanks for this, if there were problems at Rochdale this seems logical I guess, and if FCUM want to do something about it it's probably best to make representations to Sussex's finest than whinging about it and suggesting boycotts and the like.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

And there we have it, start trouble at Rochdale, get a limited restriction at Withdean, boycott all you want, but you should know it's your own fault not our clubs. :facepalm:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
All we are asking for is a bit of fair play we don't see why we should get any less tickets then Woking we are not asking for any more then they had

Had Woking only been given 845 tickets then there would have been no problem

Maybe therefore the FCUM site should say "we have been only allocated 845 tickets but would have been more if you hadn't caused trouble at Rochdale". It can't be that BHA have only offered 10% because they felt like it.

No problem for with FCUM; they can support who they want and good luck to them (after they have lost to us obviously).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
fc united fans seems to have exactly the same arrogant pompous attitude as the other united lot.

get over yourselves. if you want to boycott do so... nobody will take any notice.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe there is so much anti FCUM comment on NSC.

1. They didn't like what Murdoch/Glazers/Edwards had done to their club.
2. They did something about it.
3. They have a club to support, anyone who goes to ONE match with FCUM will understand what it is all about, which is enjoying yourself at football.
I totally agree, especially when you consider all the arse-kissing of AFC Wimbledon that goes on on here. I also think they should have had the 15%.

BUT if the reduction is on police advice (which is shit advice but never mind) I don't see what we can do and I think the FCUM fans should be more understanding of our problems at Withdean.

I hope they don't boycott it. I'm already a bit pissed off with AFC Wimbledon and their attitude to a potential match with MK Dons, I don't want to add FCUM to that list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here