Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United Round 2

You should expect to get family stand + W block which woking were in, I think total capacity 1750, and much better view than the usual away end.

As long as they sell 800+ tickets, this will be exsactly what happens. They are entitled to a minimum of 1325, and this is the only stand congfiguration that will ensure segregation - as was the case with Woking.

I suspect there will be more interest from Albion fans for this one too, so I would not be surprised to see some of the West stand with Albion in, assuming we will fill the south.....

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'd love to know how you fight off hostile ownership by giving them £40 for a seat.

I appreciate financially an almost impossible task, unless you can hit them in the pocket by large numbers worldwide not buying merchandise/catering etc.

I guess the FCUM members were amongst the most vociferous haters of ther Glaziers and now you have gone, have left the silent (or at least a lot less vocal) majority to mount a lot less effective campaign.

A bit like the Albion's fight with Archer. If it hadnt been for the passionate few organising the masses, Archer could have very well won.

Another way of looking at FCUM could be that in the 90's you got the success you craved through the 70s and 80s but after 15 years of it, you ditched it to get the craving back. Is that anything like fair?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think it even crossed our minds to start a rival club, our version of FCUM (FC Albion of Brighton and Hove). Starting another club was going to be the 'worst case' scenario if Archer stayed in control and the club went bust.

Mind you if we reach the Prem, Tony Bloom sells out to some disinterested Yanks who intend to use us as a money factory ...

sicky burp

Sep 19, 2008
An ideal excuse for a spinning of 'Anarchy in the UK' methinks.....

An extra reason for us to beat Woking now. I had such a great time at Gigg Lane when I saw them (despite the football, which was truly dire on that occasion) Good on FCUM, they'll bring a great atmosphere - and we can stuff 'em good and proper in revenge for '83.....!

Cum feel the noise by Slade and Top of the world by The Carpenters are the songs of the moment.
Do any of you remember the meeting you/we had ,in chester town hall 12 years a go ,it was a good night, lots of ale supped ,some of our board members attended that night to give support to your cause, And you will find FC fans are pleased that you are so near to moving in to your new home.

Assuming we beat Woking, surely this is a dead cert for TV?

Personally I think this is a great opportunity for a cup run. If Woking is also on TV, the money from 2 x TV games, gate receipts and progress to the 3rd round would mean a payday of over £150k - assuming we got a noboddy in round 3 and didnt progress.

We cant underestimate the importance of beating woking now.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Same record each week then :thumbsup:

I have only played 'Anarchy' ONCE. It was the 4-4 Boxing Day clash v Colchester at Gillingham. A Kent policeman ran into the box and told me that I couldn't play it because 'it was on the banned list'. I said I had never heard of such a list, and asked him why it should be banned. He said 'it's obvious - it incites violence in the crowd' I told him that I had been to all 92 Football League grounds (which was true at the time) and on the majority of occasions when I had witnesed trouble, the record playing over the PA was 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins....

Anyway, Beachy, I've given up playing old punk rock now. You're just being bitchy, and you know it. I think I cycled past your eponymously named house the other day, by the way. Nice railings.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm well up for the cup. Of course I want us to get in to the 3rd round & my preference would be a big London awayday, (London clubs seem to have more respect for the tradition of the tournament & I reckon a home tie against Brighton would sell out, as at Spurs last time).
Please don't give me all this distraction bollocks, & hold Leeds up as an example. Leeds went up!

Has anyone considered that an embarrassing defeat to a non league club would do more harm than good? Wins breed confidence & a defeat against a minnow would be a big blow which could cause a dip in form that would affect our league position.

Just keep winning & enjoy where it takes us!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have only played 'Anarchy' ONCE. It was the 4-4 Boxing Day clash v Colchester at Gillingham. A Kent policeman ran into the box and told me that I couldn't play it because 'it was on the banned list'. I said I had never heard of such a list, and asked him why it should be banned. He said 'it's obvious - it incites violence in the crowd' I told him that I had been to all 92 Football League grounds (which was true at the time) and on the majority of occasions when I had witnesed trouble, the record playing over the PA was 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins....

Anyway, Beachy, I've given up playing old punk rock now. You're just being bitchy, and you know it. I think I cycled past your eponymously named house the other day, by the way. Nice railings.

:fishing:

Disappointed you were reeled in so easily, no railings outside my house so I hope you didn't attack it :lolol:

Monkeytown Red

Nov 7, 2010
I hope we beat Woking then we can stuff the Mancy scum Turncoat United.

Just in response to this AND some of the other negative comments about us, just to let you know that at least current ONE FC UNITED fan ,(ME!!!) once joined in a protest in support of you guys about ten years ago. I was a guest of a Rochdale player at Spotland one evening when Jimmy Case was your Manager, and there was a protest where you lot - and yours truelly, blockaded the team coach after the match. I even remember that the Ref was that Uriah Rennie bloke...and gave you f**k all!
So come on fellas...lighten up. If you beat Woking - and we hope you do, we wanna be in dreamland again. Let us enjoy our moment! :bowdown:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just in response to this AND some of the other negative comments about us, just to let you know that at least current ONE FC UNITED fan ,(ME!!!) once joined in a protest in support of you guys about ten years ago. I was a guest of a Rochdale player at Spotland one evening when Jimmy Case was your Manager, and there was a protest where you lot - and yours truelly, blockaded the team coach after the match. I even remember that the Ref was that Uriah Rennie bloke...and gave you f**k all!
So come on fellas...lighten up. If you beat Woking - and we hope you do, we wanna be in dreamland again. Let us enjoy our moment! :bowdown:

It was Tongue in cheek but probably too over the top and I didn't make that clear so sorry, I used scum instead of FCUM it was my fault tho, shoulda put a wink next to it. I fell asleep watching Chelsea so no change there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we manage to overcome Woking in the replay will the club consider giving FCUM the North Stand to enhance the atmosphere ? North Stand STH's could be moved to the South Stand to mingle with the South Stand STH's whilst non season ticket holders would be in the Worthing End. Family Stand etc wouldn't be affected.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we manage to overcome Woking in the replay will the club consider giving FCUM the North Stand to enhance the atmosphere ? North Stand STH's could be moved to the South Stand to mingle with the South Stand STH's whilst non season ticket holders would be in the Worthing End. Family Stand etc wouldn't be affected.

Yes lets put our own fans in the Worthing end :clap: ridiculous.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The best tie we could have hoped for other than Crawley, which could be another banana skin. A few things do spring to mind that every fan outside Liverpool will be behind FC United, and everyone will be wishing we get beat. Which will feel strange, even though both sets of fans are very similar in the way we have fought for what we belive and now both seem to have bright futures. Another interesting thing will be how the stewards deal with the fans when they refuse to sit and run on the pitch, if god forbid they score, as they seem to have collected a fair majority of fans that looked similar to the West Ham fans that went on the pitch v Millwall. Maybe im way off the mark, but they looked like your average 40year old wanna regain my youth lot.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006

Brilliant :bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not the only away fans that light flares. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here