Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United Round 2

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Give them the proper away end. We gave Woking an unnecessary boost, don't repeat it

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
If we manage to overcome Woking in the replay will the club consider giving FCUM the North Stand to enhance the atmosphere ? North Stand STH's could be moved to the South Stand to mingle with the South Stand STH's whilst non season ticket holders would be in the Worthing End. Family Stand etc wouldn't be affected.

:lolol: Should have given the Cop end to Chelsea today to enhance the away sides atmosphere..

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Give them the proper away end. We gave Woking an unnecessary boost, don't repeat it

I think the issue is, we have to give them upto 15%, but how else could we give them 15% and still ensure segregation?

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
There's a brilliant clip on YouTube about how FCUM supporters chartered a STEAM TRAIN to take them to an away match - what a brilliant idea !

Wonder if they'll do the same for the cup game ?

Like someone said earlier, a big part of the FCUM appeal seems to be a football nostalgia thing - cheap tickets, loads of colour and singing, terraces etc. An attempt to recreate the golden era of being an English football supporter, which was probably the 1960's ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If we manage to overcome Woking in the replay will the club consider giving FCUM the North Stand to enhance the atmosphere ? North Stand STH's could be moved to the South Stand to mingle with the South Stand STH's whilst non season ticket holders would be in the Worthing End. Family Stand etc wouldn't be affected.

what a f***ing ridiculous suggestion, it'll be like a f***ing home game for them, do you WANT to get into the third round or have some happy clappy love in? Because I want to get to the third round.

Yes lets put our own fans in the Worthing end :clap: ridiculous.

Maybe the North stand idea for FCUM will not work, but its not ridiculas at all for home fans to be in the Worthing end?

The away team have a given right to 15%. The only blocks that accomodate this are T, U and W (the east stand, which includes the family stand)

As it happens, these stand hold over 1700, which is a few hundred more than the 15%, but I am sure FCUM will fill it.

We then have the North and South to sell. If these sell out, then ofc we will be putting home fans (at least those who are prepared to pay for a ticket there) in the West stand.

Impossible, unless they sold 800 or less. We have to give them a minimum of 1327 if they want them. Only way to give them the away end and meet our commitments, would be to chuck in J block of the south stand too.

Prob here is segregation......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Be daft not to go for a good cup run now, seeing as how we've been given as near a bye into the third round as its possible to get. Literally.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Impossible, unless they sold 800 or less. We have to give them a minimum of 1327 if they want them. Only way to give them the away end and meet our commitments, would be to chuck in J block of the south stand too.

Prob here is segregation......

I would like to see how the stewards cope with FCUM supporters standing in J Block :lolol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Seen FCUM a few times up here away and at Gigg Lane,where their gates are better than Bury,s. Their song at away games seems to be the Beach Boys number Sloop John B. :bhasign:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fully expecting the biggest queue to get into Withdean - by wallahs getting the wrong end of the stick - since Albion Youth played Chelski Youth a couple of seasons back. 'Ooooo ManU must get tickets for that one! :rolleyes:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Am I unusual in not being a fan of FC United?

I think this is a Trojan horse which could end up being Manchester United II in the lower leagues, as happens on the continent (e.g. Bayern Munich II in the 3rd Bundesliga). That would be disasterous, it's just be-littling smaller clubs. This may not be the case at the moment, but thinking about the longer term, when the Glazers have gone. If FC UNited have an aim to get in the Football League, how would they end up being different?

When they say they wouldn't want Man Utd in Round 3, it's because they are basically still Man Utd fans. I have a mate who supports Rochdale who said all the songs were Man Utd songs. For a lot of people it will just end up as a team to support AS WELL as Man Utd, rather than instead of.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I would also point out how biased ESPN were in their coverage. It's not looking like an alternative listening to them.

Assuming we beat Woking, surely this is a dead cert for TV?
Not so.

One of the articles of faith of FCUM supporters is that football matches shouldn't be rearranged to suit the TV companies or the money men.

There's a debate on their forum about the option of refusing any offer from TV to show Albion v FCUM live. Rochdale was different, because it's easy to get to on a Friday night.

fcumforum.org.uk :: Log in

At the AGM the Board asked for fans to put forward some rules to help them deal with the next TV request.

The decision to play Friday night at Rochdale was the right one for me.

The reasons for me were:
1. That it was close to home so no ridiculous after work journeys or having to take time off.
2. Both clubs agreed and had a choice (unlike the deal you have to do with Sky at the beginning of the season).
3. The kick off time only added to the atmosphere - probably even better than a 3 pm Saturday.

It seems we could put this together as suggested principles when making the decision for the FA Cup games (useful to run Brighton/Woking through when considering these):

1. Friday evening kick offs only when the travel time from Manchester is 1.5 hours or less (I realise that's Eccles to Gigg Lane on some Friday nights!) We could agree those grounds we felt to be in that range e.g. Leeds in, Hull out.
2. No midday kick offs (shit atmosphere)
3. Saturday 3pm or later and Sunday 3pm? or later fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just in response to this AND some of the other negative comments about us, just to let you know that at least current ONE FC UNITED fan ,(ME!!!) once joined in a protest in support of you guys about ten years ago. I was a guest of a Rochdale player at Spotland one evening when Jimmy Case was your Manager, and there was a protest where you lot - and yours truelly, blockaded the team coach after the match. I even remember that the Ref was that Uriah Rennie bloke...and gave you f**k all!
So come on fellas...lighten up. If you beat Woking - and we hope you do, we wanna be in dreamland again. Let us enjoy our moment! :bowdown:

Please ignore some of the stupidly twatty comments by the likes of him. We respect everything FCUM stand for and look forward to welcome u to the shithole of Withdean. If we beat Woking. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here