Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FC United Round 2

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You'll be very welcome to Withdean - I mean it, have it.

Brighton fans (bar the odd exception - see the post above) are very welcoming and appreciate what it's like to genuninely follow a club through thick and thin (not like prem club fans who are described on TV as "long suffering" if their team fail to score one week) - so there will be a lot of empathy for FCUM.

That's always assuming we beat Woking - which isn;t nailed on. I remember the last time we played away up there and it wasn't a walk in the 'burbs.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I hope we beat Woking so we can play FCUM, would be good to share a few pints before and after the match in town. I know some will criticise the 'love in' stuff but I would love to see FCUM fans bring that noise and atmosphere to the Withers, we certainly need something to raise the atmosphere! :)

set

Nov 7, 2010
Thanks! Thought for a worrying minute you were copying your former brethren's disgusting hatred of the England team!

Difficult one that

Love England, detest the FA and Millionaires that perform so poorly and do not care as long as they get paid, that make up the team.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Difficult one that

Love England, detest the FA and Millionaires that perform so poorly and do not care as long as they get paid, that make up the team.

But surely you dont condone English people supporting a country that plays England, as many of United do?!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Great draw!!
Hope we get past Woking now, because thats a club I admire, having watched numerous clips on their fans and atmosphere.

I am an FC fan,
I am mancunian,
I know what I want,
And I know how to get it,
I wanna destroy Glazer and Sky,
Cos I wanna be at FC

Cant wait to hear that blasted out at Withdean.

set

Nov 7, 2010
But surely you dont condone English people supporting a country that plays England, as many of United do?!

It bothers me not if the England players win or lose, but i would not actively support another country against the three lions shirt.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Been mulling over what would have happened if we had adopted a similar attitude to the founding members of FCUM during the Archer years.

It was our fighting rather than let him and his oppos win that ultimately has brought us to what we are on the verge of.

Cant help thinking FCUM members would have been better fighting the Glaziers from within, alongside the many other haters of the Glaziers still supporting MUFC (I recall the recent yellow/green scarf campaign, endorsed by Beckham etc) rather than let the Glaziers win.

And to ditch the Albion for any other team. No chance!

set

Nov 7, 2010
Been mulling over what would have happened if we had adopted a similar attitude to the founding members of FCUM during the Archer years.

It was our fighting rather than let him and his oppos win that ultimately has brought us to what we are on the verge of.

Cant help thinking FCUM members would have been better fighting the Glaziers from within, alongside the many other haters of the Glaziers still supporting MUFC (I recall the recent yellow/green scarf campaign, endorsed by Beckham etc) rather than let the Glaziers win.

I'd love to know how you fight off hostile ownership by giving them £40 for a seat.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Isn't it bigger than just the Glazers though? About falling in love with football again, terraces, cheap entrance to games, flares, flags and passion. I think it must have been tempting to make the switch rather than paying £50 to sit in a souless old trafford next to some daytrippers from Surrey.

set

Nov 7, 2010
Yes, as said earlier in the thread, the glazers were a catalyst not the cause.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Green and Gold has had the Glazers pissing themselves with laughter. IMUSA have about 150,000 email addresses on their database, and it has got them nowhere. It's paying lip service to what the Glazers have done to United in terms of pricing the club out of the reach of many local lads. Green and Gold IS letting the Glazers win.

I know true United fans who have done the decent thing, and not renewed their ST's. Hit the Glazers in the pocket, don't buy a shirt/programme/Gary Neville Halloween mask etc.

FCUM are fantastic, I work with one of the blokes who set up the constitution, they are punching above their weight and watching them is a throwback to the good days of being a fan.

FCUNITEDFAN

Nov 7, 2010
ah... the fight from within never really materialized

FC is the only visual protest, a living one

any hoot... Hello Brighton fans.
we have made lots of friends along the way, taken advice, and given some in regards to the traveling fans of FCUM.

moi, sadly out in the America's only supports from afar. which again proves we are not anti American etc.... our US branch is quite large as are many other overseas branches.
Folks will come from all over the world as they did Friday night

Its not only Manc's who will visit your seaside resort, I would hope they are treated with your usual, well known, gracious hospitality.

Presumption being you get past woking?

Our Rochdale game was beamed around the world , not just in the UK i do hope i get to watch this one too preferably on Saturday at 3pm, but I'll leave that for you all to sort out.

Cheers
Lads, for the warm welcome

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Great draw!!
Hope we get past Woking now, because thats a club I admire, having watched numerous clips on their fans and atmosphere.

I am an FC fan,
I am mancunian,
I know what I want,
And I know how to get it,
I wanna destroy Glazer and Sky,
Cos I wanna be at FC

Cant wait to hear that blasted out at Withdean.
An ideal excuse for a spinning of 'Anarchy in the UK' methinks.....

An extra reason for us to beat Woking now. I had such a great time at Gigg Lane when I saw them (despite the football, which was truly dire on that occasion) Good on FCUM, they'll bring a great atmosphere - and we can stuff 'em good and proper in revenge for '83.....!

İbrahim Tatlıses;3792665 said:
The draw couldn't be any kinder to us. We should be able to ease through to the third round if Gus motivates his players like he does for league games.

A good third round away tie could buy us a new player.

Please don't do an Orient/Northampton against these teams Gus, this is the FA Cup!

This, this very 100% this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here