Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Whisky?

tangfastic

Nov 1, 2009
hove
let me just check [pours a wee dram]...

glenmorangie, perfected by the sixteen men of tain. and a fine job they've done too.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
At home its Talisker for for a pungent tipple or my new bottle of Auchentoshan with a rich punch. In the pub the best i've come across and readily available is Jamesons. Black label is extremely well marketed cheapo whisky and tastes like it. Jamesons is 'whiskEy' as it isn't Scotch.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
jack-daniels.gif

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Canadian Crown Royal, the best blended whiskey I've ever had by far.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Caol Ila, once you've tried it, you'll understand why it is the best.

Also worth trying Old Poulteney and Bruicladich (sp). I tend to prefer going to Cadenheads shop and choosing some single barrel bottlings as you get a truely unique bottle, never to be repeated. Also, they sell malts that are from long closed distilleries (Scotch Missed?), if you can, try Dallas Dhu, a stunning highland, sadly long out of production, but you can still find it if you look.

Well worth trying out some Japanese single malts, I've had a few, and they are pretty good. But don't bother with Indian Single Malt, Amrut, it is not good at all, I have 3/4 of a bottle in the cupboard if anyone wants it!

As for American, well I was introduced to Bookers a while back, and it is loveley. We also discovered Platt Valley, a corn whiskey, delicious. Don't make the mistake of comparing JD (Sour Mash Whiskey) with Jim Beam (Bourbon Whiskey) they are different drinks, so of course they taste totally different.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Well worth trying out some Japanese single malts, I've had a few, and they are pretty good.

I would agree some of the Japanese single malts are good. One of my favourite Scottish ones is Ardbeg 18 yo and Talsiker 15yo is good too. Tried some Johnnie Walker blue label in Selfridges and was pleasantly surprised, but then it was £200 a bottle!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Scotch: Bruichladdich Octomore, Ardbeg Supernova, Highland Park 18, Scapa 16
Irish: Green Spot, Redcrest, Kilbeggan Single Grain
Japanese: Suntory Hibiki 17
US: Four Roses Single Barrel, Old Potrero

Yum.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
For an every day tippling whisky I would strongly recommend the fine Glenmorangie Sherry Cask. I am also in possession of a Glenmorangie Cellar 13 which is rather sumptious with a dash o' watter. No more than a couple though or I find one falls off one's horse and it renders one unable to raise a broadsword.

I also find that I like the malts the further clockwise you go around the coast of Bonny Scotland. Just my preference but Speyside beats Islay in my book.

TNBA

TTF

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Glenturret 15YO malt

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Single Malt:

If I am in a Peaty/Medicinal Islay mood Laphroaig Quarter Cask with a tad water.
If I am in a Highland mood The Balvenie Doublewood with a tad water.

Blended:
Just for necking and as a long cool drink Jameson with Canada Dry +/- ice.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Woodford Reserve or Isle of Jura.

Also if you get the chance try Ardbeg Corryvreckan. Very very nice.

Woodford Reserve is lovely. One of the few bourbons the USA produces thats is any good.
If you drink a lot of it you can usually taste it for days...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
10 year old Macallan single malt and (unusually) Penderyn. I can't stand Laphroaig (nasty stuff).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here