Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Whisky?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm currently working through open bottles of The Glenlivet and Highland Park 12 yr old.

Has anyone got an opinion of this (which I've yet to open)? -

Aberlour a'Bunadh Batch 25 Whisky - Buy Now - Master of Malt

Aberlour a'Bunadh Batch 25 (70cl, 60.4%) £51.45

Bottling Note
Aberlour a'Bunadh is a single malt whisky crafted in 19th century style. The Aberlour Distillery Manager, Douglas Cruickshank selects only the finest sherry butts for maturation and bottles the whisky straight from the cask.

Tasting Note
Nose: Vast and big-bodied. Sweetness, a good malty feel and plenty of fruit, a trace of peat. Nutty.
Palate: Sherry leads the way, usurped by a fruity, rich spiciness. Dark and nutty with a touch of mint.
Finish: Warm, smoky sherry, peppery and slightly citrussy before a finale of dark chocolate.

£51.45 is a hell of a price to pay. And 60.4% - that's a challenge. Fortunately, it was a gift.

Aberlour%20a'bunadh%20Batch%2025%20CRW_6833_RJ.JPG

Cant afford it Lord B..you really are acting like a peer aren't you? I drink my ain sloe gin...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If it's whiskey then I love a drop of Middleton Very Rare but it costs you. Otherwise Jameson 12yr old will do.

For Whisky, I like Auchentoshan when I'm in Lowland mood. It's trlple distilled so tastes like an Irish. In fact lowland is my favourite type.

When in islay mood then laphroiaig or Ardbeg, my wife likes the peaty ones so I have gotten used to these.

Highland would be a glenmorangie astar although their flavoured wood varieties like port or sherry are very nice.

Speysides would be a balvenie

And finally when looking at a blend, I have my johnnie walker blue label to fall back on. Got a bottle bought for my 40th but havn't had occasion to open it yet.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
20 year old Glenfiddich this evening. A nice present but I wouldn't spend that much on a whisky.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Midleton Rare,.. made by Jamesons in Ireland,...... its nectar.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If it's whiskey then I love a drop of Middleton Very Rare but it costs you. Otherwise Jameson 12yr old will do.

For Whisky, I like Auchentoshan when I'm in Lowland mood. It's trlple distilled so tastes like an Irish. In fact lowland is my favourite type.

When in islay mood then laphroiaig or Ardbeg, my wife likes the peaty ones so I have gotten used to these.

Highland would be a glenmorangie astar although their flavoured wood varieties like port or sherry are very nice.

Speysides would be a balvenie

And finally when looking at a blend, I have my johnnie walker blue label to fall back on. Got a bottle bought for my 40th but havn't had occasion to open it yet.

Spooky, my two favourites are Midleton Rare and Auchentoshen,..... you have very good tatse sir,................... and even more weird, my wife likes the peaty ones ( i dont),.. she loves Bunnahabhain.....

steve-c

there is only one and that is blackbush, straight from the distillery in bushmills, i'm sure me da weaned me on it ( god bless him) . but thats my choice and everyone has a different taste in whisky/whiskey

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There is a distilled version of the microbrewery boom going on over here in the States, and while I expect most of the minnows don't have the distribution channels needed to have these turn up in the local off-license, these people have a distribution deal with the firm behind Glenfiddich -- William Grant & Sons Co. -- and they're worth a shot: Tuthilltown Distillery. I get their Hudson Single Malt, and it's very nice.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I find Talisker just a little bit too peaty and smokey for my liking. Jura and Glenmorangie are a lot more pailitable although tastes obviously change with age so I may start liking others. They've got a bottle of Laphroaig in the pub but I've never tried it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here