Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite War Movie(s)

omgitsjames

Nov 24, 2011
California
I love both band of brothers and pacific have them on blue ray, not sure what series I prefer, the book is good also I enjoy all Stephen ambrose books

people seem to like band of brothers better due to it having a singular narrative focusing on the actions of one group for roughly a year where as the pacific which focuses on three individuals over a period of three years. I like both equally, but I recommend BoB more. BoB was great with 10 episodes, The pacific should have had more

Tora, Tora, Tora. another classic ending with one of the most profoundest of lines.

"I fear we have awoken a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve"

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cross of Iron, Sam Peckinpah's only war film - no doubt US will know?

The first War Film depicting the Eastern Front as far as I know, also it is from the German's perspective and has a very powerful ending sequence.

Left field one is Ridley Scott's first ever film The Duellists, set in the Napoleonic Wars. Made on a shoestring but has an amazing cast.

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
I prefer foreign recent ww2 films tbh:

Army of crime
Days of glory
Black book
Beyond the border
Max manus
Secret agents

All better made than American tripe

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Letters from Iwo Jima
Platoon
Shaving Ryan's Privates (not strictly a war film but the cinematography is great)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Full Metal Jacket

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Gallipoli, Apocalypse Now, Private Ryan, Flame and Citroen, 9th Company (Ruskies in Afghanistan) and Max Manus Man of War

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here