Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite RADIO D.J.'s

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Looks great, I will have a look at the software and give them a spin later, I think I may have the ballboy sessions so would be great to hear the whole show again. This could be real gold if it works.

I downloaded the spotify software lastnight, a link on here reminded me of it and I was very impressed, had a far superior catalogue of music than I have ever found. You can only play via the software but great if like me you work at lot at the laptop, and its free, bar a 30 second advert every 25 songs.

Look forward to hearing Peels voice again.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Looks great, I will have a look at the software and give them a spin later, I think I may have the ballboy sessions so would be great to hear the whole show again. This could be real gold if it works.

Look forward to hearing Peels voice again.

It's a bit hit and miss, as some of the links are no longer active.

I would recommend the 1967 show on this page: http://jonhorne.co.uk/jptapes/jptapesrewound.html. Peel in posh hippy mode rambling on about pixies and love and stuff. Great music though.

Also the May 1984 tape with Peel in tears after Liverpool won the European Cup...

You don't need any software, the shows come as mp3 files once you've got past the rapidshare/ mediafire gubbins...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's a bit hit and miss, as some of the links are no longer active.

I would recommend the 1967 show on this page: http://jonhorne.co.uk/jptapes/jptapesrewound.html. Peel in posh hippy mode rambling on about pixies and love and stuff. Great music though.

Also the May 1984 tape with Peel in tears after Liverpool won the European Cup...

You don't need any software, the shows come as mp3 files once you've got past the rapidshare/ mediafire gubbins...

Thanks for this, I will enjoy catching what I can out of the links, I have to drive around for my work so may even try and transfer over some to play in the car.

I have, My People Were Fair and Had Sky in Their Hair... But Now They're Content to Wear Stars on Their Brows by Tyrannosaurus Rex where John Peel reads out a poem by Marc which is great, its in my vinyl somewherw so may also dig that out for a spin.

I always remember him cursing the seagulls after our victory in the 83 cup run, when it still had kudose for the big clubs. Could do with a Peel day or a Fall or half man half biscuit gig to celebrate the greatest DJ.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I know its fashionable to dislike Chris Moyles but his listening figures speak for themselves so 7 million or so other than me must like him.

And later this year he'll become the longest running breakfast show host in Radio 1 history which is quite an achievment in what is often a difficult job to keep.

I listen to Moyles and Scott Mills but sometimes switch over to a bit of Steve Wright in the afternoon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know its fashionable to dislike Chris Moyles but his listening figures speak for themselves so 7 million or so other than me must like him.

Nothing to do with fashion. He's just an annoying loudmouthed idiot with an absolute face for radio.

And we know that popularity doesn't = good.

Big Brother.
Lenny Henry.
The Sun.
Catherine Tate.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
danny baker - the best
iain lee
geoff lloyd
nick osborne

tommy boyd from the late 90s/early 00s during his spells on talk sport was genius though - the amount of people that would come on to argue with tommys arguments such as "who needs their legs?" was simply astounding. followed later by the human zoo - brilliant listening. just a shame he ended up being sacked from pretty much everywhere for taking the controversy a step too far

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Johnnie Walker - since Radio Caroline in the 1960's
Danny Baker - innovator and warped genius
John Peel - of course!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here