Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Genesis track

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Driving the last spike

I'm a drummer and the drums is this track are literally breath taking!! The live version is also excellent.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Wettest day ever at Milton Keynes Bowl, October 1982.

Yep - I was there and still have items of clothing that I can't get dry.

But enough of all this 'Supper's Ready' and 'Lamb Lies Down On Broadway' guff - surely the greatest track is the seminal 'Paperlate'?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Love Genesis. Got their DVD from their 2007 tour for Christmas a couple of years ago. Favourite songs would have to be No Son of Mine, Follow You Follow Me and Domino.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Jesus he knows me. Not ashamed to say it's one of my favourite songs!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Supper's Ready. Basically the 2nd side of Foxtrot.

This, with a nod to 'The Knife', and 'Watcher of The Skies'

Gabriel era was it. Land of Confusion was alright I thought, but not alright enough for me to buy it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I like the big ones of late in their phil collins run (land of confusion, I can't dance, invisible touch, jesus he knows me) and quite like Congo from the brief run with Ray Wilson, but my favourite would be 'Misunderstanding'.

YouTube

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
oxymoron

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Snowbound.

Or if you have genesis revisited, the steve Hackett album, you have your own special way with paul carrack. Modernised and really excellent track

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Suppers Ready, The Lamia, Dancing with the Moonlit Knight, Musical Box....definite preference for the Gabriel era.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I totally agree.

Phil Collins was dreadful when he was in The Genesis, but I have to admit that he seemed to really flower since leaving the band.
His solo work has been at worst impeccable and at best superb.

I felt that while he was in the band setup, he didn't get the full attention that his ability deserved. Margeret Rutherford got too much attention.

I don't often resort to this, but that is total bollox. They went downhill as a band after Phil Collins started getting into solo albums and morphed into a Phil Collins backing band.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here