Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Genesis track

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
All of 'And then there were three'

My all time favourite album!

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
Harold the Barrel, Anyway, Cuckoo Cocoon....
Most stuff by Peter Gabriel.

Time for a different avatar...:)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Brazilian

I like it anyway!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Driving The Last Spike & Jesus He Knows Me

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
If they recorded Sound of Silence without resorting to the lyrics and the music I would listen....sorry, I'm lying - wouldn't even listen to that.

Not very fond of them really.

Apart from gabriel on his own....does that count?

'Watcher Of The Skies' , and 'Can Utility and The Coastliners', both off Foxtrot.

Saw them first at The Top Rank, third on the bill to Lindisfarne, where they got banned after using pyrotechnic 'flash' bowls. I think it was at the end of 'Return Of The Giant Hogweed'.
After Gabriel laft, they were dreck.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Follow You, Follow Me

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I refuse to listen to R2, just in case I am forced to listen to something involving Phil Collins, may sound a little over cautious but you never know when it may creep up on you...so I think you can guess my answer!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It's 1978. You're sitting in a field in the middle of England on the coldest June evening on record. Jefferson Starship have just bored the tits off 100,000 people...

Then the field is filled with white light and the opening notes of "Eleventh Earl of Mar" blast out at you through the crispest, clearest sound system I think I've ever heard - it's hard not to be blown away.

Dave the Gaffer knows what I mean.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i'm embarrased to say I went to see them at Wembley 20 odd years ago (bleeding hell, that ong ago!)m but cant remember anything, apart from phil collins and some other guy doing a great drum combo.

must have been the diamond white on the train up.. happy days :drink: :drink: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trufflehound said:
It's 1978. You're sitting in a field in the middle of England on the coldest June evening on record. Jefferson Starship have just bored the tits off 100,000 people...

Then the field is filled with white light and the opening notes of "Eleventh Earl of Mar" blast out at you through the crispest, clearest sound system I think I've ever heard - it's hard not to be blown away.

Dave the Gaffer knows what I mean.

;) ;)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
desprateseagull said:
i'm embarrased to say I went to see them at Wembley 20 odd years ago (bleeding hell, that ong ago!)m but cant remember anything, apart from phil collins and some other guy doing a great drum combo.

must have been the diamond white on the train up.. happy days :drink: :drink: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Chester Thomson was the other drummer

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Binney on acid said:
None - They are all crap.

I totally agree.

Phil Collins was dreadful when he was in The Genesis, but I have to admit that he seemed to really flower since leaving the band.
His solo work has been at worst impeccable and at best superb.

I felt that while he was in the band setup, he didn't get the full attention that his ability deserved. Margeret Rutherford got too much attention.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Turn it on again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here