Entertainment - Leeds and Liverpool
Atmosphere - Burnley (and Leeds again)
Performance - Saints and Derby
Satisfaction - Ipswich, Newcastle and Sunderland

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've always been of the school of thought that football is(or should be entertainment). You pay a lot of money to be entertained, one game I forgot about was the Reading game, even though we lost I remember walking out of the Amex and saying to my mates that that was total value for money, something that was all to often not the case last season even though we have some very exciting attacking talent in the side. Of course winning is important, very important. But we are never going to win the prem or the champions league, so lets entertain the fans and try an win in style and at the end of the day, if you come up short at least send the fans home knowing they have been entertained. Something that was all to often not the case last season, especially away from home, we were boring, dull and crap.

That school of thought is wrong though Kev. Poyet's job isn't to entertain the fans, it's to finish a high in the league as possible. Had we gone gung ho then it might have been more entertaining, but we would have finished lower down the table.

You don't make money or repay loans by playing nice football and losing.

Only saw four. From the footballing point of view the last 25' minutes of the Vicente v Portsmouth game did if for me and it was great to have a lapsed Albion supporter with me - I don't think he will be so lapsed this season.

From the personal point of view taking the littlest Potting (8) to her first game and sharing the excitement (even the park and ride bus thrilled her) of the experience of a big ground. Game wasn't brilliant ( 1-1 v Middlesborough) but she certainly will remember it for a long time and it hopefully will be the first of many more .

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
ipswich, just for the spanking they got after 'that' banner!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Surprised more haven't said Derby. My recollection is that Lua Lua and Vicente were on top form and it was one of the best team performances. The atmosphere wasn’t bad either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here