Octopus
Tuna Steak
Swordfish
Sea Bass
Red Snapper

All locally caught.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I love virtually all fish and shellfish and couldn't really decide what my favourite is, but round here,local Selsey crab, lobster and prawns are hard to beat, as are the Bass and Dovers.
Had a lovely meal in the tiny 'Prawn On The Lawn' in Padstow a few weeks ago; it has just been voted the country's number one fish restaurant.
Can thoroughly recommend it for an informal meal.
Not particularly cheap, but cheaper than Rick Stein's!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I love virtually all fish and shellfish and couldn't really decide what my favourite is, but round here,local Selsey crab, lobster and prawns are hard to beat,
Had a lovely meal in the tiny 'Prawn On The Lawn' in Padstow a few weeks ago; it has just been voted the country's number one fish restaurant.

Question was what is your favourite Fish ?.........Crab,Lobster,Prawns are seafood but definitely aren`t Fish.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I love virtually all fish and shellfish and couldn't really decide what my favourite is, but round here,local Selsey crab, lobster and prawns are hard to beat, as are the Bass and Dovers.

Count the teeth on the rostrum of the prawn to sus whether they are Cornish local prawns (Palaemon best sea food bar Sussex local prawns) or frozen northern Pandalus prawns (freezing wrecks the taste).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Question was what is your favourite Fish ?.........Crab,Lobster,Prawns are seafood but definitely aren`t Fish.

Oh, I am terribly sorry, Diablo, I added Bass and Dover Sole to my shellfish choice.
My humble apologies and I hope this hasn't ruined your Sunday!
P.S.I am not the only one to mention lobster and prawns, either, you grumpy fellow!

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Count the teeth on the rostrum of the prawn to sus whether they are Cornish local prawns (Palaemon best sea food bar Sussex local prawns) or frozen northern Pandalus prawns (freezing wrecks the taste).

Ours are definitely local Selsey prawns!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Lampuki
Sea Bream
Octopus
Tuna Steak
Swordfish
Sea Bass
Red Snapper

All locally caught.

Can confirm after our Maltese long weekend that the place is just the tops for fish.

Question for Maltasegull, have you been to the Fish Restaurant we found in St George's Bay called Paranga? If so what is your opinion because I thought it was brilliant. Found it second night and ate there for the rest of our stay!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
What happened to Rock and chips, has someone renamed it or has it been fished out?

Depends what part of the country you live in as for some reason the name Rock has many guises , i think rock down south in chip shops would of been Huss mainly the lesser spotted dogfish but sometimes the larger Bullhuss , iv'e no idea why they called it Rock rather than Huss , but it seemed to go out of fashion in the late 90s , being a member of the shark family perhaps humanity grew a conscience and stopped eating them , When i catch a Dogfish i try not to look at them when i unhook them as they have eyelids of sort and generally close their eyes during unhooking .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mackerel is a very good fish to have on your summer menu, it's abundance helps but it is always very popular. It's very beautiful too, which makes presentation a cinch. We had it on the menu with hash browns and samphire, for less than 8 quid!
Anyway, more of a bivalve than a fish, but can I have mussels as my favourite?

Under £8 is fine as long as it's cooked nicely and delicious, still as wee bit expensive due to how much they cost but you have to make money.
If it was up to me you can include mussels, delicious I love them.
I have just thought of something that comes out the sea that I don't like, Jellied Eels and Whelks.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Depends what part of the country you live in as for some reason the name Rock has many guises , i think rock down south in chip shops would of been Huss mainly the lesser spotted dogfish but sometimes the larger Bullhuss , iv'e no idea why they called it Rock rather than Huss , but it seemed to go out of fashion in the late 90s , being a member of the shark family perhaps humanity grew a conscience and stopped eating them , When i catch a Dogfish i try not to look at them when i unhook them as they have eyelids of sort and generally close their eyes during unhooking .

Weirder than Rock, it's Rock Salmon.
Maybe it sounds better than Dogfish, Huss must have come from Bullhuss but it's still a big Dogfish.
It's like Monkfish, sounds better than Angler fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here