Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite ever board game?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Love scrabble, played at Christmas and got my second highest score ever (a reasonable 383), gives the brain a good work out into the bargain. Other than that it has to be Cluedo, a game of cunning and deduction, not quite on a par with Scrabble but entertaining nonetheless. Risk, chess, draughts and backgammon are also pretty good fun.

Least favourite game must be Monopoly, guess its the leftie in me but I absolutely loathe it with a passion, must come from having grown up with a mad capitalist brother who treated the game like a military campaign.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Being a Brighton liberal, i grew up playing Journey Through Europe. It was an educational game which taught me much about the fine old fairground of Vienna.
Occasionally, we stopped for a game of Chess or Scrabble.

By the way, i do not have oddly curly hair (apart from "down there") and i have no plans to become a woman.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had a football game when I was a kid called "Logatcha" (sp?) which had numbered dice to work out the scores.

Those where the days, BHAFC, Bexhill Town and Sidley United all challenging at the top of Division One (it was pre 1991) and Europe.

Oh yes and Kick Off (which I had did a thread about before christmas) which use to come around the country on train trips to away games in the late 80's

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Jumanji, you get real animals crush ur house and stuff :jester:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Scrabble certainly has its moments - one of the proudest days of my life it was when, faced with near-certain defeat, I whipped out ZEUGMA on a triple word score. Winner.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Meade's_Ball said:
Being a Brighton liberal, i grew up playing Journey Through Europe. It was an educational game which taught me much about the fine old fairground of Vienna.

We had that in our household too, quality it was :clap2:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Barnet Seagull said:
Scotland Yard

I always fancy the look of that, and the Sherlock Holmes one.

Anyone remember GRASS? Card game about dealing, came in a rough little bag - wonder if it's just as good 14 years on *sniff

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Scrable and Trivial pursuit these days, but loved Buccaneer as a kid, all those little gems and barrels of rum.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm not a great fan of Monopoly, unless I win, but I do have the Brighton and Hove edition, which makes it more enjoyable.

One game I did enjoy playing was called Capital Adventure, which was like making a trip around the world, combined with Triv. I only played it once, and we opted for the "Quick Version" which seemed to take about 6 hours. I have a set of my own now but have never opened it. Maybe soon...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Risk and Formula One in days gone by. Current favourite Articulate , watch brothers and sisters, husbands/boyfriends and wives/girlfriends getting more and more irate with each other, great game.

Favourite non board game - Perudo

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone remember a board game called Wildlife ? Remember playing it as a kid. You had to go round the continents of the world collecting the different types of animals native to that continent. I always used to head down to Australia to get the duck-billed platypus.

In order to try and run another NSC game in the future, I ordered Wembley from EBay just before Xmas which is a game I have fond memories of. Can't remember exactly how it works but you go round the board buying teams and then have an FA Cup.

The only problem is that they say they posted it just after Xmas but it hasn't arrived yet. :censored:

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Risk was / is brilliant.

Diplomacy also fantastic, so long as you had two days to spare, lots of dark corners for hatching treacherous schemes, and lots of food / drink / fags so you never had to leave the house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here