Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite ever board game?

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Following on from computer game threads, it occurs to me I whiled away hours when I was growing up, playing Totopoly.

Can you ever beat the old Monopoly / Scrabble / Cluedo favourites?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No, you can't. Nothing will beat Monopoly. Although MouseTrap will always be up there too.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Risk - I was in the middle of an all night war with a group of former work colleagues when the first Gulf war started. It was a bit surreal turning the telly on in the morning, as the Middle East had been the fulcrum of our battle all night.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Risk for me. Remember being 19 or 20 and going from the club to a mates house, playing until 9:30 back to the pub for the next session.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Definitely Risk, used to spend bloody hours trying to take over the world. Always take Australasia first then work from there.
Happy (mainly stoned) days.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Fanzine Editor, you play the part of a student in Hull who has to put together a 20 page fanzine in two months, but has to overcome a series of obstacles (playing rugby, avoiding paying taxes, getting your washing done by your mum, helping your girlfriend cut her toenails etc.)

I don't think anyone has ever won when playing it though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Mousetrap and Kerplunk. Both seriously over rated games.

As a kid I always wanted both but on playing them it took so long to set the game up and were a big anti climax.

Cluedo and Monopoly for me.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I think someone should devise a game based on the Albion.

Starting from scratch, no propoerties, building up cash, blowing it on crap, instead of communirty chest you have a season ticket card that entitles you to various things etc..............

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
trivial pursuit - knowledge is the master

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pictionarys a good laugh. And I bought Cranium over Christmas which is excellent. Trivial Pursuit is always a fave. Oh and Humbug, I like Humbug.

Easily pleased really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here