Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Stoke

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Because they are THE glory-hunting creeps club. The bloated monster that sucks up the feeble-minded and impressionable. No other British team has tens of millions of "fans" in China, or someone in nearly every tiny English hamlet who supports them "because they're good and they win things". Listen to any football phone-in and you'll hear accents from every corner of GB talking about "us" when they've no more connection with Greater Manchester than most of you have with County Durham.
Liverpool in particular, and Chelsea, are bad, but no-one comes close to the loathsome manu. Never have I wanted you to win a match more (other than when there's money on it) than in 1983, but The Devil looks after his own unfortunately.

I genuinely don't think there's that much of a difference. Asia is absolutely rammed full of Liverpool fans, and the number of Chelsea (and I'm sure Man City) is growing rapidly. I'm not saying that there isn't a huge presence of Man Utd fans across the world, but to single them out as 'THE glory-hunting creeps club' and a 'bloated monster' is taking your hatred for them a bit far.

Whatever you say about Man Utd, at least they have made their money through hard work, perseverance and ultimately, success. Less can be said about the like of Chelsea and Man City.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Crodonilson in tiresome Premiership thread shocker.

You need some new material, you dullard

:yawn:

I think you'll find I've toned it down somewhat over the past few months. I appreciate I am not everyones favourite poster and if you don't like what I've got to say you can ignore me. I make no apology for my fondness of the Premier League however, it's the best league in the world and I enjoy watching the top footballing talent going head to head every week. I am not criticised for my love of international cricket, PDC Darts, top class athletics, Premier League Snooker etc.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
The teams I like generally depend on the current squad/manager.

However I'll go with Arsenal, Everton, Fulham..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Top 4 = 40
The rest = 18.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Birmingham City. :bowdown:

Can we have a poll for other Major Football leagues? German, Spanish, Italian etc

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Why would I want a favourite team in a league that has had a detremental effect on the overall position of English football and clubs like ourselves?

I wouldn't.

Obviously.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The teams I like generally depend on the current squad/manager.

However I'll go with Arsenal, Everton, Fulham..

So the Villa thing was because they were doing well. I thought it was. :thumbsup:

And, err, Tottenham.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Why would I want a favourite team in a league that has had a detremental effect on the overall position of English football and clubs like ourselves?

I wouldn't.

Obviously.

Surely teams like Wigan, Stoke, Blackpool, Bolton should be admired for not spending above their means?

I thought you'd like those as they give us Brighton fans hope that we can make it to the premiership, even if it's not long term (Stoke are doing a pretty damn good job of making that long term)

So the Villa thing was because they were doing well. I thought it was. :thumbsup:

And, err, Tottenham.

Nope it was because of Martin O' Neill. My preference of teams is swayed by managers/some stand out flair players. At the time it was the in form Ashley Young that stood out ofr me.

I don't like Man U, I don't like Chelsea, I don't like Tottenham, I don't like Liverpool.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Surely teams like Wigan, Stoke, Blackpool, Bolton should be admired for not spending above their means?

I thought you'd like those as they give us Brighton fans hope that we can make it to the premiership, even if it's not long term (Stoke are doing a pretty damn good job of making that long term)

I think you're missing the point. I may not have individual issues with the teams mentioned (well actually I do: the Wigan and Bolton chairman are both twats, and I dislike teams who play 'anti-football' i.e. Stoke, although I have no real problem with Blackpool.). But I do have an issue with the league they're playing in. I know there's nothing they can do about it, but I don't want a 'favourite team' in a league I'm not particularly fond of. Just doesn't sit with me - it wouldn't feel right. Of course that would change if we ever get there, because Brighton would come first, regardless of the problems I have with the prem(although I think I would get a little bored if we ended up like Bolton :lol:).

As an aside, I've always thought having a 'favourite team' was a bit of an immature young kid thing that people grew out of eventually, unless of course there's reasoned rationale behind it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Because it's not its name. No-one says Spanish La Liga or German Bundesliga.

It's a bit like saying London Chelsea or London Arsenal, which some foreign media does. Say it here and you sound like a cock.

Yet people call the Scottish Premier League the SPL.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you're missing the point. I may not have individual issues with the teams mentioned (well actually I do: the Wigan and Bolton chairman are both twats, and I dislike teams who play 'anti-football' i.e. Stoke, although I have no real problem with Blackpool.). But I do have an issue with the league they're playing in. I know there's nothing they can do about it, but I don't want a 'favourite team' in a league I'm not particularly fond of. Just doesn't sit with me - it wouldn't feel right. Of course that would change if we ever get there, because Brighton would come first, regardless of the problems I have with the prem(although I think I would get a little bored if we ended up like Bolton :lol:).

As an aside, I've always thought having a 'favourite team' was a bit of an immature young kid thing that people grew out of eventually, unless of course there's reasoned rationale behind it.

I took the question as any team that took your fancy. Not exactly a team you support. So for example in your case, you seemed to really like Man City last year, so I'd have said Man City if I was you.

I doubt the majority of people who have voted on this poll ACTUALLY care how that team does, it's just a slight interest. I don't really care how Arsenal or Everton do, but would be nice to see them topple the bigger spenders :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here