Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Drum solo

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Toad. Ginger Baker. A classic, and being around 15 minutes its almost as long as an advert break on Dave.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Favourite drum solo for me would be the one attempted by Harry the Hornet at Watford today in attempt (failed) to get the Watford fans singing.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Blame the scotch if you like, but we;ve had Whats your favourite cover

so now - What's you favourite drum solo (or duet in this case)

[yt]sA3rJXV4R4E[/yt]

Phil Collins and Chester Thompson did some good stuff together. Watched the free live Rome concert from their 2007 tour the other day and they both play on bar stools at the start before moving on to their drum kits. In the documentary you see him using the one from his hotel which he then proceeds to take on tour with him! Great drumming!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Phil Collins and Chester Thompson did some good stuff together. Watched the free live Rome concert from their 2007 tour the other day and they both play on bar stools at the start before moving on to their drum kits. In the documentary you see him using the one from his hotel which he then proceeds to take on tour with him! Great drumming!

To be honest when this thread started last night it was this stool drumming video that I picked. I just prefer the other one though so I changed it, but thanks for posting this one too.
BTW who thought a drum solo thread would make page 2 ?:lol:

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Just sold my drum kit and i bloody miss it. Phil Collins is a superb drummer but saw a concert with Cream and Ginger Baker in and he was superb

Possibly the 2005 reunion? If so he was 66 years old then and still with bags of energy. Back in the early 70's post-Cream he did a concert with a band (Airforce?) in a festival at Plumpton racecourse - I remember he was on at the end and he was still drumming when the band was due to stop and so the organizers tried to pull the plug on him to get him to give up. But, to the cheers of the crowd, he just kept on drumming for another 10 minutes without the power and you could still hear him some way back. Heady days!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
seagullsoverlincoln;3939 048 said:
cozy Powell's drum solo's with Whitesnake in the early 80's. i think it was to the tune of 633 squadron-f***ing brilliant

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Toad. Ginger Baker. A classic, and being around 15 minutes its almost as long as an advert break on Dave.

Absolutely this. Nothing else comes close.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I hate the muppets and all that sort of crap, but have got to sayb that that is absolut;ey fking brilliant !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here