Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite dance genre

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Possibly my favourite ever drum and bass song.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Love Hospitality, still hate Digital. It used to be SO good at Audio.

Check out Spearhead if you haven't already, some good stuff.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anything but bloody dubstep, though you can't dance to that so it isn't dance. It's doing it's best to ruin the once great drum and bass too.

I can listen to the more poppy vocal stuff, but I wouldn't dream of spending a whole night in a club to it - like you say it's undanceable.

That scene seems like a total flash in the pan, it's basically got nowhere to go. I give it another 2 years at best.

Most of it is produced on same formula - Take two step beat, get a random noise and distort it, insert melody using random distorted noise, chuck in a bass drop somewhere, release track under a silly name, the kids will loved it :shrug:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All the liquid drum'n'bass out of Hospital records is boring now (imo), it lost it's way a few years ago after the nights at Herbal ended. Lost interest in the whole genre recently and am starting to listen to dubstep, though not the wobbly bollocks that has somehow latched on to the genre, but the early stuff as I slept on it all those yers back. The first Burial album is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Probably skillin. Also partial to a bit of two-dub

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here