Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton Pub?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
dougdeep said:
Wasn't that called Mortons before that?

Can't remember that one. It's the Polar Bar on Queens Rd now.

Used to be good for spotting away fans....apparently.

(I'm a lover not a fighter!)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Fackin' hell I used to drink in the Stanmer (or the "stabber" as it was more commonly known)

One night my mate Josh got TWATTED with a snapped-off pool cue for no reason. Another time I went up there only to find it closed off and surrounded by police cause there'd been a massive drugs swoop on the place with guns involved.

Ross Johnson also used to drink there, fact fans.

My favourite pub in Brighton has to be the Basketmakers, when I can get there (about twice a year!)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
evening star- close to work, nice filled rolls @ £2.30, good range of beers, though could do with rather more comfy seats!:ohmy:

for a follow on, crawl to the railway bell, by the rail station )no, u dont say!)
a standard issue boozer, beer and sky, but could do with better ventilation, as many people smoke there... did have a free buffet
at xmas!

other pubs i need to 'research' again- the pond, top of gloucester road - a posties favourite, being next to the sorting office.. pleasant staff, occasional free *kak!) whisky with guiness offers,
with a restaurant above?

i never went back to the rose tavern, after some get 'borrowed' my coat for the evening (many years ago, and v cold that day!)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Knightsworld said:
Jim selling up Easy?::jester:
Not quite.
I think I'm keeping him going though. Have the whole place to meself every Wednesday night.

:thumbsup:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Station at Preston Park, nice and easy off the train after a hard days graft, nice locals, good beer and a nice big screen for the footie, oh and only about five houses away from my front door !

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Easy 10 said:
Not quite.
I think I'm keeping him going though. Have the whole place to meself every Wednesday night.

:thumbsup:

Its that quiet!!, mind you Tuesday's when we are at home(darts team)we can be the only ones in there.

What's it like in there over the weekend?

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Richie Morris said:
Crawley pubs. What a lovely thought.

The pub in Broadfield has to be the most disgusting pit I have ever visited. The Full Moon I think its called?

If you think thats the worst in Crawley or ever then you have not been to The Imperial, The Dorsten, or even The Rose and Crown (which is other side of the street I live on). Full of chavs, drug dealers, awful karaoke singing and of course fights.

As for Brighton faves for me

Lord Nelson
The Brewery Tap.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is the Bush still there in Blackrock? I used to be a lunchtime regular there when I worked nearby in the 70's.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
The London to Brighton Hog:clap: watched the 2nd leg swindon there.

Marvellous Scenes

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Does that extraordinarily FIT barmaid still work in the conqueror? Brown hair, really striking eyes.....

The Greys is the NUTS.

The Conqueror is my pub of choice at the moment, great for lazy Sunday afternoons.
Not sure which barmaid you are refering to but there are a couple of honeys working there, do you know her name?
Coopers Cask in Farm Road is another I frequent.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jello said:
The Conqueror is my pub of choice at the moment, great for lazy Sunday afternoons.
Not sure which barmaid you are refering to but there are a couple of honeys working there, do you know her name?
Coopers Cask in Farm Road is another I frequent.

The Coopers Cask is teeny innit.

Don't know the barmaids name, the Oriental looking one is fit too.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Yeah the Coopers is smaller than my front room but my mate runs it so its quite handy!
Not sure if the oriental barmaid is still there, haven't seen her for a while.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Rougvie said:
The Station at Preston Park, nice and easy off the train after a hard days graft, nice locals, good beer and a nice big screen for the footie, oh and only about five houses away from my front door !

Snap (including the five houses away!)

Do you live in my house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here