Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite brighton kit...

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
bhaexpress said:
Best one for me was the all ble Addidas one of the early 80s. Pity it was spoilt by the fact it had BCal on the front. (Did you know that BCal only ever flew the team once and that was by helicopter to Wembley ? They were actually flown by Dan Air in an HS748 turbo prop for other trips).

Yup, like that one. It was my fist albion shirt, I must have been about 10 years old and I've still got it. However, I cannot now even get it over my fat head.
Why did they drop the stripes? And what's wrong with British Caledonian, other than it going bust? Quite prestigious at the time I thought.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The mid eighties (circa cup final - Dean Saunders era) when we ditched the stripes. Let's go back to navy blue shirts and white shorts.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The British Caledonian home shirt faded to lilac after a few washes (Ok maybe a few hundred washes but I did wear it all the time)

Bukta 79-80 home and away best by far. Simplicity. Also Spall kit of the Rougvie/Curbishley/Bremner/Nelson era were good.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Did we not take part in an end of season tour/party in Hong Kong that B Cal provided the travel and a a watch company , possibly Seiko paid the rest? Possibly after we got promotion to the 1st Division.

The picture of Peter Ward posted above is the one I referred to earlier.

Quite possible as at that time BCal flew a schedule to Hong Kong. Seiko had big ties with airlines at that time as they sold a lot of watches as in flight Duty Free. I own a nice Seiko I paid next to nothing for thanks to their generosity.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Professor P said:
Yup, like that one. It was my fist albion shirt, I must have been about 10 years old and I've still got it. However, I cannot now even get it over my fat head.
Why did they drop the stripes? And what's wrong with British Caledonian, other than it going bust? Quite prestigious at the time I thought.

They paid their staff far more than they could afford and also their staff looked down on the far more profitable Charter Airlines thus they were not popular.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Call me old fashioned but

Kent Seagull said:
This one.

brighton_peter_ward_1980.JPG

EVERY TIME

Much as I like our kit sponsors I still prefer the shirts from back in the days before corporate logos adorned the fronts and polyester was the norm

Sep 12, 2006
Stevie Boy said:
i quite like this seasons home and the home shirt from the playoff season, and the best away is the shirt from the '91 play off final

what! the nose bleed caught in a nose bleed wrapper. no thanks :lolol:

Sep 12, 2006
Bluejuice said:
Call me old fashioned but

EVERY TIME

Much as I like our kit sponsors I still prefer the shirts from back in the days before corporate logos adorned the fronts and polyester was the norm

Agreed, Spot on mate :lolol:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Kent Seagull said:
This one.

Agreed as much as I liked the Adidas strips this kit is the best ever. Also the blue shorts, white socks combo always looks the best.

More and more clubs seem to be ditching their traditional coloured socks for white for some reason.

The current kit is the best for sometime though.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Kent Seagull said:
This one.

Yes me too................................no contest......this kit is as near to perfection as you can get!!

Maybe just the new badge then:bowdown:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mark Ormerod's Gloves said:
one thing is for sure the old circular club badge is far more cool than our current non-descript crest.

I feel a poll coming on :down:

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
Centenary strip for me...only one I've kept and not sent to Africa...i have an image of a wee kid over there running around somewhere with a seagulls shirt with JMC 73 on the back :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here