Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite Brighton area railway station ........

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
bigc said:
what do you mean..ticket people at london road...how come?

I went through Pulborough recently, I thought it was quite pretty there..is there any significance of the place tho?

due to the redevelopment of the station they have shut the ticket office for four weeks and closed the ticket machine so you have to buy a ticket from the platform goons as you get there..... sorry just very bitter towards train companies as you might be able to tell.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Easy 10 said:
Perhaps I'm biased, but I like Fishersgate Station. The graffiti is so vibrant, its really quite splendid. I don't know who "SPAZ" is, but he or she is certainly a very talented artist.

yeah thats where i get off everyday hence the fact that there is never a reason to buy a ticket.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Got to be preston park for me as the Station Pub is where I sink my pre-match bevies! They've even got Harvey's in now! Not to mention the blue and white striped gents!

Get in!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Marshy said:
Just as well thats only my 2nd residence in B Hill !
Cor two properties .............thats Lucky:lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I like Falmer. It's got a nice picturesque field nearby with a quiet country road just to the north. Also, the line only takes steam trains which really adds character to the quiet friendly village nearby.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There'sonly one Shoreham-by-Sea - a leaking roof and two ticket vending machines always out of service

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
scotjem said:
Somebody recently gave me a copy of "Branch Lines of Horsham" There are some great photos of Steyning and Henfield stations.

My Uncle did the tickets and signal box at Henfield station. He lived in the station house until the line closed down.

What are the photos of?

D

Deleted User X18H

dougdeep said:
Kemp Town.:(
Doug oh my gawd we are in agreement I would love it if Kemp town station was still there imagine getting to (near) the marina or the hospital from London road station by train.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hove born&bred said:
Doug oh my gawd we are in agreement I would love it if Kemp town station was still there imagine getting to (near) the marina or the hospital from London road station by train.

Your older than I thought, I had you down for about 25.

D

Deleted User X18H

dougdeep said:
Your older than I thought, I had you down for about 25.
I have a very vague memory of my dad taking me on the last trip from Brighton and remember walking across the tracks and telling my mum when we got home who went ballistic until the old man told her they wern't electric love to remember more about that day must have been about 1973 (I was 4)
sadly the old man is not here to ask:(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Preston Park - when it's not clogged up with web-designers
London Road - that fox (or one very much like it) has been there for Years. Always a wondrous thing to see
Brighton - since that Marks'n'Sparks sprung up as if by magic over the course of a weekend
Falmer - Oh yes! A mere six minute pootle from London Road (26 minutes if you count the time spent trying to make the doors open on the deathtrap new trains)
Lewes - so handy for Lewes FC and multiple random Harveys pubs
Burgess Hill - not that I ever get off or on there, but I like the idea that there's one of the few remaining Uncle Sams just outside the station should the 'Must-Have-Chilliburger' red mist ever descend

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Strike said:
How dare you mention the town I was educated and raised Hove Born and Bred. Burgess Hills not that bad What about Moulsecoomb or Hastings they are both chav central.

To be fair Burgess Hill isnt the nicest place in the world to live, its not bad though, i prefer Lindfield unsuprisingly !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Moulsecoomb for me. I remember it being opened and I used to get off it every day after work.

It's now my nearest station again and I like the east European atmosphere about the place.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There used to be a train station next to the railway bridge over Lewes Road, where Sainsbury's is now.

That would have been very handy if you wanted to do your shopping, then get on the train. Except that the railway line made way for Sainsbury's. Still, you'll be able to do that soon enough at Brighton Station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here