Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite band at the moment?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't know why this isn't big in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuwdw7KmGwA&feature=channel

Dunno how to embed sorry. Hurts- Wonderful Life, very 80s style

It is, isn't it? Big in the UK, I mean. That tune and that band have really grown on me the more I listen to the album.

So many bands and acts I love at the moment. Little Dragon, JJ, PVT, Damien Jurado, Crocodiles, Silje Nes, Flaming Lips, XX, MIA, Dan Le Sac, Chris Joss...the list goes on and on. It's a bumper year for great music!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Arcade Fire are always my favourite band.

I'm so glad they're getting big over here now. I've been ranting on getting people in to them since 2004/5, they became my favourite band in 2007, because Neon Bible was (and still is) one of the best bits of music i've ever heard, and they proved they're not a one trick pony, showed their style. The Suburbs is an amazing album. Deep Blue has to be my favouirte. That or Sprawl I (The Flatland).

Artist right now, Cee Lo Green.

f*** You (Forget you is the clean version) is an absolute tune. The Lady Killer is the second most anticipated album for me this year (the first was The Suburbs)

Listening to him in Gnarls Barkley has whetted my appitite for him!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Interpol and The National. Been my favourite two bands for ages.

New Interpol album (self titled) is a stonker, so beautifully crafted and tonnes of depth. Here's two songs from it:

[yt]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PnEhKaLeKM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1PnEhKaLeKM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

[yt]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpYJH5MPnDI?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpYJH5MPnDI?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It is, isn't it? Big in the UK, I mean. That tune and that band have really grown on me the more I listen to the album.

So many bands and acts I love at the moment. Little Dragon, JJ, PVT, Damien Jurado, Crocodiles, Silje Nes, Flaming Lips, XX, MIA, Dan Le Sac, Chris Joss...the list goes on and on. It's a bumper year for great music!

Much bigger in Germany surprisingly, doesn't get too much air time with all the crap in the charts over here nowadays

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
[yt]k_0s4n-4jYE[/yt]

:bowdown:

Although I am slightly biased as I did help (in a very minor way) with their 360 tour last summer.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Much bigger in Germany surprisingly, doesn't get too much air time with all the crap in the charts over here nowadays

Doesn't surprise me that a band with big big 80s electro leanings (Pet Shop Boys were obviously a huge influence). At the moment every other dance act I love seems to have a German connection. Wouldn't know about the charts to be honest, I don't listen to the radio.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Doesn't surprise me that a band with big big 80s electro leanings (Pet Shop Boys were obviously a huge influence). At the moment every other dance act I love seems to have a German connection. Wouldn't know about the charts to be honest, I don't listen to the radio.

I'm going to spam a bit here, but a very talented and genuinely bright spark in my computing class at college released an EP of 80's styled synth music. You might like it.

Electric Shadows | Josef Kenny

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Some more of my fave bands at the moment

The School (Mari Wilson-inspired retro 60s pop). This is perfect pop by anyone's standards
[yt]l5zlSyHAHjo[/yt]

A bit more Brit invasion meets Britpop are the Like (another cool as f*** band)
Especially for all you mods
[yt]42p2nERiNFk[/yt]

There's Warpaint, who play Brighton this month. Love this band to bits. What an atmosphere they create
[yt]yOFxb0F2F2A[/yt]

and finally if you love twin sisters and pop then School of Seven Bells might be up your alley. This tune reminds me a bit of that Fever Ray track - when I grow up

[yt]vt-SNwyxsBM[/yt]

Girl bands! Love 'em!

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
girls-album-true-panther.jpg

I love this band! Wear their influences on their sleeves, but who cares?

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Buzz, The Like, I like! Quality. A bit revive, but how about Shelta, or The Sons? great in themselves. Also like DC fontana, The Moons, Connett and Little Barrie for up and coming bands and Loving the new Edwyn Collins stuff at the mo...

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
A personal fav, these guys HAVE to go far, driven.
Lead singer Darron is a proper lead singer!
[yt]IiDP7VXK60o[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzz, The Like, I like! Quality. A bit revive, but how about Shelta, or The Sons? great in themselves. Also like DC fontana, The Moons, Connett and Little Barrie for up and coming bands and Loving the new Edwyn Collins stuff at the mo...

Yet to hear the Edwyn Collins one. I spoke about it with mr Merry Prankster before the Oldham game. Or was that the Paul Heaton one? Got to get both of 'em anyhow and now I really really want to hear them. :thumbsup:

Haven't heard of many of the others except Little Barrie so will check those out. Thanks for the tip. BTW - Have a look who the Like's dads are - all well respected musicians in their own rights.

By the way - on the revival type bands - don't bother with the new Pipettes album if you were tempted. They've gone electro-pop but just sound a bit sub-St Etienne IMO. Not a good album.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here