Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite away ground

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Anfield.

Just hope for the youngster sake we get a cup tie there again.

Good trip, good drink, great atmosphere and amazingly enough our record there is better than it is at most other places - including Withdean

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Berk (of 'Trapdoor' fame) said:
You'll learn. Nice ground does not necessarily make 'favourite away ground'. It's all about the local scene, the atmosphere, the memories, the trip (in the travel sense), the motorway services, the stations, the local brew, the proximity of off-licences to the ground, the local females, the vocal scale of the home fans, the significance of the occasion, the company, the amount of albion fans to balloon ratio, the quality of the programme, the food on offer, the match of the day cameras (on F.A. Cup days), wearing the stripes....saying...i am albion...i am brighton and hove...i am sussex....i am drunk.

Unless of course I am wrong.
:clap2: no spot on i feel

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I haven't done many but I liked White Hart Lane.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
done most at to be honest couldnt really say!!I just enjoy the whole away day experiance,and wouldnt say that i detest any ground as i go to watch the albion rather than the stadium.My mate is writting a book on our away day travels over the years,and you forget the great days weve had whether it be a long trip to carlisle or barnet.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'm in the 60s:drink:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
for me i love home park, plymouth, see family down there, cracking fans, top pastys

Last edited:

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
After the weekend its gotta be the Liberty Stadium. Pub with outside drinking near the away end, friendly fans, beer in the ground, nice stewards and only £15-00. Plus an offy by the station. What more can you ask for?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Carlisle and York are good as there are decent chippies within spitting distance of the station, certainly close enough for your food to still be hot by the time you get on your train...as long as it is on time, mental torture for your fellow passengers!!!

FEDUP

Oct 20, 2006
PREM - OLD TRAFFORD
CHAMPIONSHIP - MOLINEUX
LGE 1 - BRADFORD
LGE 2 - WALSALL

OVERALL FAV - BRADFORD, DONT REALLY KNOW WHY BUT I JUST LIKE GOING THERE!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Back to the theme of the thread, can I put forward Bramall Lane, worthy of a mention. Been there three times, seen us win twice and draw once...including goals by Dean Saunders and Leon Knight, some reasonable pubs within walking distance, big ground and a superb atmosphere, plus enough neanderthal homophobic northerners to give the journey back to the car a bit of an edge...just like going back 20 years.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Villa park, my 1st really 'big' ground and that was in the days when the Trinity Rd end was uncovered terracing.

I also liked Everton and taking the escalators to the top tier of the main stand.

thedeadone said:
L.Orient.They have the best kebab shop in the whole of england round the corner of the ground!!
And a superb greasy spoon caff - halfway between the Underground station and the ground.

If that's the criterion to use, I vote for Orient, West Ham United and Watford.

And Priestfield.

:eek:

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
shrewsbury for me! right by the station, loads of good pubs and crammed in to the little terrace behind the goal! ps and a good chippy round the corner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here