Favourite away ground

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Brentford

For pubs not performances
Couldn`t be Selhurst as that`s your home ground PM, as you like to take residence there at any given opportunity :D

I`ve not been away for many years but I always liked White Hart Lane for atmosphere and Nottingham Forest for drinks before the game.

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I like watford and millwall is a crack:smokin:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
jimmyseagull said:
It's gotta be Loftas road for me. sheer fact you are almost on the pitch with the players.

Cracking atmosphere.

ditto -

love that away end lower tier, always a great noise and loads of albion turn up.
maybe might see us win there this year!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Perry Milkins said:
Ok...I recall you are not a drinker!!

Don't forget AJLM and I expect your company for a beer some time soon!!
What do you mean i`m not a drinker. I can do 4 pints no problem!! I`m not in favour with AJLM as he thinks I am in Love with Brighton fans!!!!!

brightonfan_86 said:
My favourite away ground is Hillsbrough, the size of that away stand is enormous and the view is excellent.

Unfortunately my experience there a couple of seasons ago was totally ruined by your spastic family screaming all match.

My favourite away ground is either Asthon Gate or Loftus Road, although agree with previous comments about Rochdale. Will always have a soft spot for them after having a really good time up there on a Wednesday night a few years back.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
m20gull said:
Upton Park. Always been excellent atmosphere, especially some London derbies I went to in the eighties. Now I have last year's magnificent result to remember as well.

Good call, although impossible to get served before the game and at half time.

Bramall Lane is a good ground and the resul this last season made it doubly enjoyable.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
got to be peterborough,you can generate loads of noise on that terrace with the low roof and every time i have been there there seems to have been a party atmosphere-flares etc!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
butchy said:
got to be peterborough,you can generate loads of noise on that terrace with the low roof and every time i have been there there seems to have been a party atmosphere-flares etc!

I forgot Posh. Nice pub beforehand and a great terrace :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy said:
i liked SUNDERLAND last season

stayed up all night the night before, f***ing long coach journey, mahoosive ground

was f***ing cold though

the george mccartney themed evening - ah the memories!

id have to say highbury. its got that nostalgic feeling to it, which makes it exciting to go to as you think of all the great players and games that have happened there. its got history, which makes it 10 times better than all these new grounds. will be a crying shame when it is developed

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I liked White Hart Lane. I hope we draw Spurs again this year.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Only 18 and have just been able to afford season ticket/away games as of last year so mine is currently Watford just for the quality Virgo Goal. What a f***ing half volley that was!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :goal: :dance::clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

And the non existent Watford fans dont think they had one song the whole game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Commander said:
Peterborough. How football should be watched. Brilliant.

Spot on that man. Peterborough was always one of my favourite away trips. A big away terrace behind the goal and a roof to boot. Plus in the old days, 90 minutes of abusing Barry Fry. Marvellous scenes.

Altogether now...."Cheer up Barry Fry........"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here