Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

favourite away day experience!

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
algie said:
Well don't look at it if it bothers you.Some people appreicate it some don't.Am i not allowed to listen to Floyd because Waters is left wing?He is entitled to his view and me likewise.Same as Lennon.Do yourself a favor and don't pass judgement on others who don't share your views.

Enoch was right.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Peterborough I like.

For some bizarre reason I've always quite liked Wycombe Wanderers. And Yeovil would have been a good trip this season if only we hadn't played quite so shit. Nice tidy little grounds, reasonable atmosphere from the home fans (particularly Yeovil).

I loved Rushden & Diamonds when we won there, although the town was a nothing sort of place.

Sod all these glamour matches in the Championship, give me a midweek away trek to some League One hole and I'm happy as Larry

:lolol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Plymouth,

got a friends and family live there did a round there last year for six pints came to £9.50 and over to family in Cornwall for Sunday lunch on the way home,

for atmosphere cant beat small unfashionable clubs, Scunthorpe, Doncaster where the away day fans dont go

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
London clubs. You can't beat them especially Millwall. Often the atmosphere gets quite hostile. Apart from that i enjoy my Yorkshire trips

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Torquay has always been my favorite, an excuse for a weekend on the piss in the English Riviera.

exeter for the same reason, ditto Plymouth.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There seems to be a pattern emerging, most people enjoy trips to smaller clubs in the further flung parts of the country, rather than places (like Spurs, West Ham, etc) where we usually manage a couple of thousand. What I like is that the singing is usually far better, and wittier, with just a few hundred singing. Granted you don't get the volume or effect, but it is usually easier to get more people to join in and sing the words of our more complicated songs...rather than the old favourites. One of the reasons I can't wait for the Bristol game, there will probably be just a few hundred of us there, but the singing should be brilliant.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Rochdale is great for pubs but haven't seen us win there since Kit Napier's days.

Other favourites: Huddersfield, Hartlepool, Sunderland, Southampton, Notts County, Fulham, Kidderminster, Ipswich, Lincoln.

Dislikes: Cardiff, Colchester, Luton.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mona said:
Rochdale is great for pubs but haven't seen us win there since Kit Napier's days.

Other favourites: Huddersfield, Hartlepool, Sunderland, Southampton, Notts County, Fulham, Kidderminster, Ipswich, Lincoln.

Dislikes: Cardiff, Colchester, Luton.

Rochdale is always a good day out, know some lads up there from England games so good to catch up. Also the Sam Smiths pub near the station is still under £1.50 a pint.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Norwich is a good day out due to the fact that it has the best boozer in England there, The Fat Cat!

:clap2:

I thought that was in Ipswich.

The one up by the ground is good in Norwich and the Ketts Tavern was quality, decent pint and the catering was done by the Indian Take-away next door.

When the game got postponed in Norwich it did turn into a good day on the piss, I think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There was a "Fat cat" in Sheffield many many years ago....superb pub.

favourite away ground/trip was Newcastle 1979 promotion to the First Division. ie the Premiership... fantastic day out never to be bettered!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wycombe away with the megaphone and the police, pure genius
the coppers looking for the megaphone in vein, and every now and then someone would scream into it, the police would pile in after it, by which time, it had been passed on and someone else would shout into it, and the police would go after it again - MAGIC

also Forest away when we lost 3-2 infront a full house, and the mexican wave went round, when it got to our bit, a huge chorus of "Coooowees" as we waved

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good atmosphere at Peterborough, but the pubs in the area near the ground could hardly be described as friendly, come to think of it the town centre wasn't much better...bouncers with ego's to match their stature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here